Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
Tattoo-X

Question Watches - Disney Watches

Does anyone know much about watches?
I took in TatS' Pluto watch today to our local jeweler for a new face.
He said that he couldn't help.
I could put a "crystal" on if it was an old watch, but couldn't help with new ones.
Manufactures make each watch a little different, and would have to get the exact match for a new face.
The back of this watch says Disney Time Works.
I assume if I took it off, there would be more info, like a date inside.
Later I'll do a search for Disney Watches and Time Works to see if I can orde parts.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #2
Tattoo-X

Anyone? Anyone?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #3
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

most mass manfactured watches like the ones from disney,fossil are considered a
"throw away" by watch repair shops and Jewelery stores they don't want to take the time to see if they can fix them as most of the crystals cost them 10 dollars up and if you figure the watch is only worth 40 bucks by the time they charge you labor etc you will have as much in a crystal for the watch, as the watch cost. which pluto watch was it, if it was made in the last 20 years or so its going to be a battery operated japanese movement inside so opening it up won't do you much good. I'm not a watch expert but in My dealings with the Batman watches in my collection now at over 300+ watches I have found a few that I bought to fix up and BAM! ZONK! POW! no jewlery store wants to touch them same way with any Timex,citizens,bullova most places don't want to touch one that they cant make a good bit off of in repair costs. I have a rare ceramic batman clock from Japan that was made in 89 that is not battery operated and took it in to be checked and the guy was like this is not a REAL clock I only repair Real clocks. It's prob not the fact that they can't do it, it's that they don't want to do it.

Just my batty2cents as always
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote