Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-17-2015, 03:07 AM   #651
SurlyJ
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

secured myself a black widow with coin this morning

Wasn't planning to get it, but sold some statues and the final piece came out so damn great. I'm shifting my collection mostly towards XM and I don't think I will ever need another Black Widow once this one arrives. Have to complete the Avengers! (except for ant man)
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:27 AM   #652
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurlyJ View Post
secured myself a black widow with coin this morning

Wasn't planning to get it, but sold some statues and the final piece came out so damn great. I'm shifting my collection mostly towards XM and I don't think I will ever need another Black Widow once this one arrives. Have to complete the Avengers! (except for ant man)
WOW! How did you manage to secure it this late? Congrats btw!!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:57 AM   #653
SurlyJ
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Thanks! I was pretty surprised I was able to myself.
SurlyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:14 AM   #654
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
Mark was replying email is how I am guessing.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 12:50 PM   #655
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

He threw SurlyJ a fat one right down the middle of the plate, that's how lol

Congrats buddy!
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 02:39 PM   #656
KayOrzz
The Spirit

Girl power!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	88096  
KayOrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #657
Cyber-Lip
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It's not just you. It's going to happen all of the time because people like to be the ones to call attention to something first. It annoys me to no end because XM does not deserve it and has shown nothing but care and results in giving collectors top of the line, mint products. Or providing excellent customer service if something is an issue.

Heaven forbid people wait to judge until all products have shipped and there is more than one statue being shown with in issue. Or don't make a mountain out of a molehill when there is only one statue with issues.

I also noticed that there were no positive comments about the piece, in that first post about the eyes, just a quick "googly" comment.

For the record, I think both portraits shown have perfect eyes. Look at multiple shots to prove that point. Lighting is key and angles do make a difference.
you know what's "annoying" is the fanboy brown-nosing, to the point where no one can objectively point out a flaw whithout being slammed by a bunch of white knights rushing in to defend the honor of a company, lol.

Pointing out a flaw or a problem is not always trolling. If anyone that does so is flogged as a troll, we ALL lose.

Listen, I ordered this piece too, and that being the case, feel fully justified being concerned about the eyes of the long-haired head. The eyes are clearly off in EVERY photo of the face, and saying it isn't so just makes you look not so bright. As customers, we can and should have intelligent honest discussions on these pieces here. And believe it or not XM will appreciate that more than delusional fanboi white knight stroking
Cyber-Lip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #658
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber-Lip View Post
you know what's "annoying" is the fanboy brown-nosing, to the point where no one can objectively point out a flaw whithout being slammed by a bunch of white knights rushing in to defend the honor of a company, lol.

Pointing out a flaw or a problem is not always trolling. If anyone that does so is flogged as a troll, we ALL lose.

Listen, I ordered this piece too, and that being the case, feel fully justified being concerned about the eyes of the long-haired head. The eyes are clearly off in EVERY photo of the face, and saying it isn't so just makes you look not so bright. As customers, we can and should have intelligent honest discussions on these pieces here. And believe it or not XM will appreciate that more than delusional fanboi white knight stroking
Wow! I'm shy and almost never post, but I just have to reply to this one. I get that you have an opinion that you're trying to get across, but this is one of the rudest posts I've ever read on this forum. Seriously, calling someone stupid for having an opinion that differs from your own is ridiculous. You say the problem is 'fanboy brown nosing' and no one can point put flaws, but that's all anyone ever does in these threads because XM asked for opinions and constructive criticism. Go check out the Daredevil and Dock Ock threads, and everyone is nitpicking every aspect of them in an attempt to help XM make them better. The problem here is that no one is agreeing with YOUR opinion.

I've looked at the pictures, A LOT, and I don't see a single one in which I would consider the eyes even remotely googly. So I suppose I must be 'not so bright' and 'delusional' too. I have this piece on order as well, and if mine turn up exactly like that one I will be completely happy. However, if YOU aren't satisfied then just contact XM and I'm sure they would have no problem with sorting you out another head. If you think the eyes look googly, that's fine because that's your opinion. We don't need to think the same. But calling people names is not cool with me. Feel free to PM me and call me any names you like if you feel the need to, but let's leave it off the general forums please.

And for the record, I'm not a 'fanboy'..... because I'm a girl.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 04:53 PM   #659
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOrzz View Post
Girl power!
Iron Man looks abnormally huge here. My guess is it's perspective but still, weird lol.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 06:05 PM   #660
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayOrzz View Post
Girl power!
God that IronMan with Pepper's head looks so weird. It looks like you photoshopped a person's face onto the statue.

Fantastic work XM!! Damn those portraits are amazing!!
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote