Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #1021
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

can you point me where you see the seam on the neck?
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:18 AM   #1022
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by yipkusing View Post
can you point me where you see the seam on the neck?
It's in the clavicle area, between the shoulders. Check the gold stripe that runs vertical.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 02:47 AM   #1023
Shaughn54
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
That neck seam though. Am I the only one that think that seam is like super apparent and ugly? I hadn’t noticed it until your pictures North.
Wow in all the photos of her, I have never seen that seem in her neckline. I always assumed her neck was the attachment and not the clavicle. Wow! Also the tornado section is really pronounced in your pics too Northern, I noticed it before, but it never looked that big.

Still the best Storm in my eyes available and am patiently waiting to get the notice for mine.
Shaughn54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:14 PM   #1024
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
Wow in all the photos of her, I have never seen that seem in her neckline. I always assumed her neck was the attachment and not the clavicle. Wow! Also the tornado section is really pronounced in your pics too Northern, I noticed it before, but it never looked that big.

Still the best Storm in my eyes available and am patiently waiting to get the notice for mine.
The seam on the tornado has been their since day one of prototype being shown at STGCC 2017.

I was hoping it would be fixed in production, but no one here can claim it wasn't there from the beginning.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:40 PM   #1025
built2shred
Phoenix

I asked XM about the chains on her wrists and also about the promise they made awhile back about not making changes after the pre-order starts... here is what they said

"Under Storm's PO webpage, we have attached a disclaimer - Note: Prototype shown and pending final approval, final product may differ."

So it seems even if you pre-order they can makes changes right up to the ship date...

I'm fine if it's an structural issue but I someone doubt the chains on her wrists were structural or even a request by Disney, I would guess it was a change someone within XM decided they liked and so they made the change... Plus why open pre-orders if you haven't gotten final approval from Disney/Marvel yet?
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:30 PM   #1026
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Don’t understand why it matters so much. Wait until you get yours in hand and tbh I don’t notice them that much . Under a magnified image it’s exagerted and it’s subtle modern add on like they changed her nail colour . Not a huge or deal breaker at all
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:32 PM   #1027
built2shred
Phoenix

Point is they shouldn't make changes after the pre-order begins, if they haven't gotten approval yet from Disney/Marvel they shouldn't start the pre-order until they do...

I prefer XM doesn't get in the habit of making changes right before shipping starts..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:35 PM   #1028
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Don’t understand why it matters so much. Wait until you get yours in hand and tbh I don’t notice them that much . Under a magnified image it’s exagerted and it’s subtle modern add on like they changed her nail colour . Not a huge or deal breaker at all
Most of us aren't looking to cancel but from STGCC to now this change was made with no notice or communication. It is what it is I guess.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:10 AM   #1029
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Come on people..you can love the statue and still be critical and voice your opinion.

I do not plan on canceling my order but I WILL be weary with my next. The change IS NOT ok.

We are spending A WHOLE LOT of freaking money to to just sit back and let it slide. I think XM is a great company and I’m pleased with what they have created and continue to create but they have the means to communicate with us and should have. Their own website with a memo, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram.

XM are customers of the factory’s and I can GUARANTEE that the factory do not go ahead and just make a change to the product without approval and verification first. XM doesn’t receive 420 Storm statues from a factory in China with a different bracelet or a change in pose or a change in material and just say, “well...close enough, thanks Chinese factory! You are great!” That would not happen. I am a customer of XM’s and nor should it happen to me.

Should I not be informed because of a disclaimer?

Bethesda did something similar to their customers with Fallout 76. For those of you unaware the collectors edition of that game promised a canvas bag. What was given to collectors was a nylon bag nowhere near the quality of what was promoted and sold for preorders. This caused a huge uproar and tons of negative feedback and at a certain point the company came out and said that the reason for the change is cost. They didn’t want to front the money, it was more than they thought it would be.

Now obviously the scale of the problem isn’t the same but that’s just an example of a change that the company decided the consumer should just accept and be happy with. Whatever they give we should take.

Did XM make this change because of costs or money? And will they continue to? Idk but all I can do is speculate and because they didn’t make their intentions clear and weren’t upfront with us they are allowing speculation.

This goes for companies but I’m replying to why it should matter so much and why it shouldn’t just be “it is what it is”.
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:23 AM   #1030
slickrick
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well if anyone here is in dismay about the bracelets, good ol' slickrick here is a leacher and would gladly take Storm off anyone's hands!
slickrick is offline   Reply With Quote