Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-10-2014, 11:48 AM   #6451
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Godzilla 2014 BRD

can anyone confirm if the new BRD will include the 15 mins that was cut out and edited by G. Edwards himself of the original film?

im picking up the BRD regardless. but i just found out that he edited out 15 mins of the original film that included a cameo scene with Akira Takarada from the very first original Godzilla film.

hope some of you movie fanatics can help me out here ior have heard anything about this extra content being included in the BRD.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #6452
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

I just got Captain America The Winter Soldier Steelbook edition from Best Buy-sweet stuff-

But I want to know if some of you found the audio of the movie unbalanced too? I mean when the action takes place the audio gets really loud and so on......

I noticed this pretty clear when later I check the extras(pretty poor stuff though) the audio was 'normal' in terms of voice vs action to put it simple.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #6453
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

It's a brilliant movie for audio/video pity about the extras. I must listen to the directors commentary.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #6454
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Thanks for your thoughts Bulls.

The thing is I was watching Avengers and the audio in the action parts isn't so loud like it is with CWS....

Yeah what's up with the extras, no Clip this time and hell no more Trailers gallery-of the movie itself-
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 10:51 AM   #6455
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Not sure maybe there will be a special edition later or one of those phase 2 box sets released later. I'd have no problem double dipping with this one.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 04:54 PM   #6456
biglebowski9999
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
can anyone confirm if the new BRD will include the 15 mins that was cut out and edited by G. Edwards himself of the original film?

im picking up the BRD regardless. but i just found out that he edited out 15 mins of the original film that included a cameo scene with Akira Takarada from the very first original Godzilla film.

hope some of you movie fanatics can help me out here ior have heard anything about this extra content being included in the BRD.
I have not heard yay or nay on this. I'm doubting it because I think it would have been mentioned. Still waiting on my steelbook to arrive from Amazon.
biglebowski9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:56 PM   #6457
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglebowski9999 View Post
I have not heard yay or nay on this. I'm doubting it because I think it would have been mentioned. Still waiting on my steelbook to arrive from Amazon.
ok thanks B. yea i just picked up my steel book today at FYE. i haven't had a chance to watch it yet though.
i did read the back and it has a few features. so its more than likely in that. was hoping it was connected to the film though.
guess ill know soon enough.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 04:59 PM   #6458
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Pre-ordered Nightbreed director's cut on bluray/dvd combo. Adds over 40 minutes of footage. The original always seemed like it was lacking, hopefully this improves the film. I think the release date is Oct. 28th. Just in time for Halloween.

Also pre-ordered Krull.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #6459
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I have both of those on pre-order as well.

Can't wait to see the DC of Nightbreed.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #6460
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I have both of those on pre-order as well.

Can't wait to see the DC of Nightbreed.
Yes it sounds really promising,

Statement from Clive Barker’s Office:

-The Nightbreed Director’s Cut is an entirely different film than the one which was released in theaters. Its 20 minutes longer than the theatrical cut, but it contains over 40 minutes of new and altered footage. Clive oversaw the reconstruction and edit himself, personally ensuring that, at long last, he was able to tell the story he always wanted to tell, but until now, had never been given the chance. Once the scenes were reordered, and the original film footage restored, the entire film received a brand new sound mix and color pass. It is, in every way, a different movie. It contains more story, more monsters, and there’s even a musical number. Ultimately, what we’ve delivered is a love story 25 years in the making.

And yeah Krull, sh!t man thats a classic. I can't remember a time between the ages of 8 and 18 when I'd come from school and it wasn't playing on Encore or HBO.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote