Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-18-2024, 12:10 PM   #471
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Folks put to much on light up features, I'd rather the statue pop on its own without relying on the light up feature. Ends up being costly to get someone to fix.

Also that Clayface custom has terrible paint apps IMO, and also it was crazy stupid tall.

I'd be happy for SS to do a Clayface PF, but I rather have a Riddler/Nightwing sometime this century. If Tweeterhead does a bust i may just buy that and be avoid having a huge clayface PF altogether. Excited for the Grundy bust as i'll likely bite, that same group did a grundy that was huge.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 01:12 PM   #472
qz33
Baron Zemo

From what I gather everything shown so far is without the light up and it look very colorful and pops a lot so I do not believe this statue is relying on a light up. The painted blue glow against the brown is a great color combo just as it is right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Folks put to much on light up features, I'd rather the statue pop on its own without relying on the light up feature. Ends up being costly to get someone to fix.

Also that Clayface custom has terrible paint apps IMO, and also it was crazy stupid tall.

I'd be happy for SS to do a Clayface PF, but I rather have a Riddler/Nightwing sometime this century. If Tweeterhead does a bust i may just buy that and be avoid having a huge clayface PF altogether. Excited for the Grundy bust as i'll likely bite, that same group did a grundy that was huge.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 01:17 PM   #473
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post

The proto pretty clearly shows it looking great without light up, so ignore it if you don't like it, and those that like it can use it.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 01:25 PM   #474
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

I like the light ups but rarely use them. The key is that the statue looks good either way.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 01:45 PM   #475
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do enjoy coming into my man cave every morning to get ready for the work day, flip my switches on the wall to turn on my lights and do enjoy how the pieces that have light up features light up and stay lit for the duration of my day. I am working and so it is a cool feeling to see them lit up as I have them all connected to my central switches. So I have the SS Iron Man Mark 42 repainted maquette that is lit up, the Storm PF base flickering, the Psylocke Pagoda flickering flame, My OG Darth Vader PF light saber, chest plate and belt lights and my Avengers "A" desk light that lights up as well.

They make me happy.

LOL!!!

I do have a custom Dazzler coming that also has the base lights that are lit up as well and can't wait for that one to arrive.

I think I may seriously consider the new Batgirl. We'll see. Just having a hard time letting go of my OG Batgirl that I have come to love over time.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 04:43 PM   #476
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
I do enjoy coming into my man cave every morning to get ready for the work day, flip my switches on the wall to turn on my lights and do enjoy how the pieces that have light up features light up and stay lit for the duration of my day. I am working and so it is a cool feeling to see them lit up as I have them all connected to my central switches. So I have the SS Iron Man Mark 42 repainted maquette that is lit up, the Storm PF base flickering, the Psylocke Pagoda flickering flame, My OG Darth Vader PF light saber, chest plate and belt lights and my Avengers "A" desk light that lights up as well.

They make me happy.

LOL!!!
Hmm, I would love that, but need to do some electrical wiring to make that happen with battery operated/push button activated pieces. Did you do additional wiring?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:07 PM   #477
Phoenixblazes
Shazam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Hmm, I would love that, but need to do some electrical wiring to make that happen with battery operated/push button activated pieces. Did you do additional wiring?
Just Google battery eliminators. There's no need to do anything complicated.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:10 PM   #478
Onewiththeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
i got a battery eliminator from Amazon for my Iron Man Mark 42 as it is battery operated/push button.
Old 01-18-2024, 05:14 PM   #479
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivory7777 View Post
the new one expression look like catwoman. almost look like she is holding a whip and licking her hand. like the statue but wish it also had a simpler base, dont like this base
This pose will work much better on a Catwoman statue.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:39 PM   #480
Onewiththeforce

I just saw a tease for another Joker poster and Wolverine poster.

sooooooooooooooo

does that mean another Joker is on the rise..?

And another.......

dare I say it.......

yellow Wolverine.?

Ugh!