Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #601
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

I think I'm most bothered by the sloppy paint on the symbol (definitely a focal point of a Superman piece), followed by the belt/body scratches, and the ill-fitting cape/red marks on neck. Like I said before, both portraits and the base are perfect. The portrait is even better in person -very impressive.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #602
MTL
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I have the statue and it came with issues. The sculpt is great, headsculpts are amazing, the pose is iconic. I will wait to see what will be done to make things right but...

The sloppy paint job, the cape that does not connect to the suit, the risk of rubbing paint of the neck because of how the cape goes, the bottom of the base that does not indicate the right amount of exclusive, missing pads (I know small issue that we can easily resolve but still).

Hard to be satisfied. I'm sure Chad and Debbie will make it right but QC control needs to improve on the next releases to make sure those issues does not happen again.
MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:55 AM   #603
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
That belt bothers me more than the cape, which also bothers me. Beyond those two glaring issues, he looks pretty great.

I think I'll skip this piece, though. With the two issues, you pretty much need a whole new statue except for the base.
True, everything but base and portraits needs to be replaced. I've sent a link to the review to Chad and Debbie and asked what they can do.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:33 PM   #604
Mister Ski
The Avengers

I received Superman yesterday and I have several of the same issues with the statue. Cape does not fit properly with blue costume on both portraits, but especially on the heat vision portrait. I think there is too much play in the slot that the peg slides into. Chest emblem is fine. Top edge of belt has blue paint from shirt. His rear foot does not touch the base. It hovers about 0.25" above it. I left it overnight to acclimate to house temperature but it hasn't changed. Lastly, and this is minor, the base leans due to missing felt pad on side with cape. This is an easy fix.

I PMed Chad already and I can post pics of mine tonight.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:57 PM   #605
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Here’s the Secret Sanctuary Review...

Tweeterhead Superman Review
Great review, but I had never given that last Sideshow PF you have in the background a second thought and I wish it would've stayed that way... That one looks really good back there.

I am really feeling bad for Chad on this one... I wonder how this works. I hope the factory takes the hit for any replacements.

I am concerned about that cape rubbing paint on to the neck, too. I remember trying to be super careful with the original sideshow PF and still could not get that cape off without transferring paint to the portrait. It would be nice if they had something between the cape and portrait to prevent it from scraping.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #606
Mammal
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I am concerned about that cape rubbing paint on to the neck, too. I remember trying to be super careful with the original sideshow PF and still could not get that cape off without transferring paint to the portrait. It would be nice if they had something between the cape and portrait to prevent it from scraping.
Mine gets in tomorrow. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of clear coat or clear nail polish I could put on the underside of the cape to keep it from transferring paint.
Mammal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:36 PM   #607
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

I'd hate to have to do that. I was as careful as I could possibly be...even trying to kind of place the head and cape simultaneously. And it still rubbed a bit of color off onto the neck.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:40 PM   #608
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I'd hate to have to do that. I was as careful as I could possibly be...even trying to kind of place the head and cape simultaneously. And it still rubbed a bit of color off onto the neck.
I'm going to wait and see what solution Chad comes up with.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:42 PM   #609
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I plan on putting on a piece of masking tape to the underside of the cape to see if that creates a buffer when I unbox mine tonight.
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #610
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by =N= View Post
Dont skip it! Its a nice S.M. if your a Fan of the big blue boy scout wait till they "Fix it" Dont skip it , you wont be able to get it later :{
Depends on what kind of solution they came up with. I can easily buy a bunch of Super Powers Batman and WW pieces without ever needing a Superman, and I refuse to buy a $250 Superman that has these sloppy issues. I shall just wait and see what happens
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote