Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-03-2019, 02:04 PM   #611
Mister Ski
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mammal View Post
Mine gets in tomorrow. I’m wondering if there’s some sort of clear coat or clear nail polish I could put on the underside of the cape to keep it from transferring paint.
I used the parchment paper that the heads come wrapped in as a buffer when placing the cape and then slide the paper out when the cape is fully seated.
Mister Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:22 PM   #612
No1WonderFan
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ski View Post
I used the parchment paper that the heads come wrapped in as a buffer when placing the cape and then slide the paper out when the cape is fully seated.
I tried that as well, but once the cape is placed, the connection is loose (on mine anyway) and any movement, like trying to get the cape to sit closer to the front, rubs onto the neck.

Yes, I'm also going to wait and see what my options are. I'm sure they'll take care of it.
No1WonderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #613
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I emailed Debbie this morning with pics. Like everyone else, I'm waiting to see what Chad comes up with before I make any decisions. This and the neck seam on Wonder Woman really took the wind out of my sails for this line, but I'm hopeful that TH will put things back on track.
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:43 PM   #614
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I guess I don’t fully understand the problem with Qc issues like this. If it was me I would have a Tweeterhead employee at these factories to oversee quality and not just some manager at the factory named Mr Magoo! I mean really, and I’m talking about all statue companies not singling out Tweeterhead by any means! But some ass hat at these factories smiles gives the thumbs up and out they roll, is there even a rep for the company there? I’m pretty sure there isn’t given the fact that no one saw any of these being painted and was like “what the hell!”
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:51 PM   #615
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Got mine in and think it turned out pretty great even though it does have some issues. The paint could be sharper, the cape doesn't come down flush with the suit on one side, and the rear foot on mine is floating a bit. Overall though, from normal viewing distance he looks pretty damn good.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:53 PM   #616
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:54 PM   #617
nearmint
Phoenix

Great pics.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:55 PM   #618
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
I guess I don’t fully understand the problem with Qc issues like this. If it was me I would have a Tweeterhead employee at these factories to oversee quality and not just some manager at the factory named Mr Magoo! I mean really, and I’m talking about all statue companies not singling out Tweeterhead by any means! But some ass hat at these factories smiles gives the thumbs up and out they roll, is there even a rep for the company there? I’m pretty sure there isn’t given the fact that no one saw any of these being painted and was like “what the hell!”
It's common knowledge that TH is a small company with pretty much just Chad and Debbie. It's mentioned several times all over these forums.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:18 PM   #619
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1WonderFan View Post
I tried that as well, but once the cape is placed, the connection is loose (on mine anyway) and any movement, like trying to get the cape to sit closer to the front, rubs onto the neck.
Yep, I think I tried something similar with the SS PF. I put something around the neck when putting the cape on, them removed it.... which didn't help when it was time to take the cape off.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:47 PM   #620
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
It's common knowledge that TH is a small company with pretty much just Chad and Debbie. It's mentioned several times all over these forums.

Yes I’m well aware of Tweeterheads situation and I fully support them, I was just generallizing that it would be nice to have someone on site that could tell the difference between Superman and the she hulk so to speak!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote