Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 04-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #51
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
Great comparison video.. JP as always, look forward to the videos that you put out.
I have to go with the Koto Thor for my personal preference. Yes I have that one and the sculpt is hands down, far superior maybe because its been done by Erick, no one sculpts the superhero physique better than him. With the detail that he gives to the musculature. But the base like most Koto pieces is ordianary and nothing to really to write home about. Something that Koto needs to really address.
One of the main reasons I went with the Koto also was because I wanted to have him displayed with an Avengers set up and that pose fitted in perfectly with how I imagined my setup to look. The Bowen just felt too over aggresive next to all the other Avengers. It almost felt like calm down buddy the fighting hasn't started yet. :-D
Having said that the Bowen Action pose as a stand alone piece or as versus display is Unpararelled. Ofcourse what Bowen does best is gives you a complete package of statue and base, thats where this statue truly shines.
Never much cared for the Strike down version as he's a bit of a nightmare to display Unless placed on a higher shelf.
So as for me I went with the Koto as it best fit how I wanted Thor to look in my display. So it is purely, apart from personal preference a matter of how you as a collector want your displays to look and thats all that it is. Cheers guys!!
Lol man. That had me rolling. Put Thor on a leash! Maybe confiscate his swinging hammer and give him the solitary Mjolnir till he calms down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertR213 View Post
Wow, even in the Koto part of the forums the Bowen Classic Action Thor takes the win.....just shows how amazing it is!
Well, of course. You shouldn't be so surprised with a statue like Action Thor. Still...
  • It speaks to the incredible fairness and intellect of Koto fans.
  • Don't forget the caveat of team displays; Koto Thor bringeth the thunder!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #52
Naru
Mephisto

[QUOTE=gomur;5027837]Lol man. That had me rolling. Put Thor on a leash! Maybe confiscate his swinging hammer and give him the solitary Mjolnir till he calms down.

Yeah... Bad Thor. Can't take him anywhere without him causing a scene... Hehehe.
Yeah just doesnt fit in well in a museum or semi museum posed setup. Iconic pose when displayed on its on though.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:24 AM   #53
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I own Action and Strikedown Thor and love both of them.

I also own many Kotobukiya statues and love Ericks work. I saw Kotos Thor in person and didn't care for the colours. The sculpt rocks though.
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote