Korn 2 4.76%
Nine Inch Nails 3 7.14%
Tool 6 14.29%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2004, 02:14 PM   #11
bat_collector
Galactus

Galactus and Carillj:

Well, I'm a big fan of every band on this list. Thanks for the feedback. I know I should have included GNR on this. Sorry.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:18 PM   #12
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat_collector
Galactus and Carillj:

Well, I'm a big fan of every band on this list. Thanks for the feedback. I know I should have included GNR on this. Sorry.
Hehe, I guess we're thinking about what we LISTENED to in the 90s, and not necessarily what came out
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:23 PM   #13
bat_collector
Galactus

Good point, Big G.

I only started listening to music in the 90's, so I have a far greater affinity for these bands than I think people of the 80's do.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:32 PM   #14
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

I voted Pearl Jam, but I'm in total agreement about G n R.

For those of you that really like them, check out the CD that just came out a few months back called Hollywood Rose - The Roots of Guns N Roses. It's an interesting album and fun to hear them before they exploded onto the 80's scene.

Who knows, maybe Chinese Democracy will get released next year. They were so close to releasing it, then the guitarist (known as Buckethead) left and they started to re-record his parts with someone else.
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:36 PM   #15
yorick
The Herculoids

Gotta be NIN!!!

Trent Reznor continually pushed the boundaries of what music can be and could do. Add that to his whacked out and cutting edge videos, and you see the ultimate culmination of Art plus Rock in a way that no one cares about today.

A close second would have been Tool--who virtually did the same thing as NIN, but with a more organic musical sense (they were actually a band with instruments, rather than a dude at a computer).

These two artists definitively influenced a whole generation of musicians who are only now starting to pay homage to them.

Oh, and NSync was pretty good too.
yorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:51 PM   #16
bat_collector
Galactus

You rock Yorick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick
Gotta be NIN!!!

Trent Reznor continually pushed the boundaries of what music can be and could do. Add that to his whacked out and cutting edge videos, and you see the ultimate culmination of Art plus Rock in a way that no one cares about today.

A close second would have been Tool--who virtually did the same thing as NIN, but with a more organic musical sense (they were actually a band with instruments, rather than a dude at a computer).

These two artists definitively influenced a whole generation of musicians who are only now starting to pay homage to them.

I knew someone here had to appreciate NIN and Tool around here! You rock Yorick, even if you do like n-sync.

You gotta respect tool and nin for making art with music. both are visionaries that rarely come around.
Old 12-31-2004, 02:55 PM   #17
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

thought about it a lot and have to say Nirvana.
This is a band which will prob have a movie made about them in 20 years just like the doors did. Pearl Jam's 10 is amazing but all their stuff later on gets lower and lower.
Nirvana ended at the top. In Uetero and the MTV Unplugged gig they were at the highest they were ever at when Kirt killed himself. Kids in 20 years will discover that music just like a lot of us did with the Doors.
And that is my report on what I did on my summer vacation... I mean the best band of the 90's.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:55 PM   #18
grendelscott
The Damned Mod
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorick

New NIN should be out in January or February. They also just released an anniversary edition of Downward Spiral with all kinds of extra stuff on it. It's also a hybrid disc that can be played in SACD format if you have the player...
grendelscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 02:59 PM   #19
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
OK, then my vote on the list is for Pearl Jam. I STILL listen to 10 all the time.

Me too. Pearl Jam's 10 is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Old 12-31-2004, 03:00 PM   #20
DDura711
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelscott

New NIN should be out in January or February. They also just released an anniversary edition of Downward Spiral with all kinds of extra stuff on it.
Got the Downward Spiral anniversary edition for X-Mas and I almost forgot how amazing it was. Perfect from start to end. And a new NIN in 2005!?!
You made my day with that news. And now I think I'm gonna put on a nice relaxing mix of NIN, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, & Tool.
DDura711 is offline   Reply With Quote