Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #1151
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyzplz View Post
When you win these on ebay, or order direct from someone/Aspen, do they ship them to you flat or rolled?
Sometimes flat but most of the time rolled. It costs much more to have it shipped flat. Interestingly, everything I get from Aspenstore comes rolled, but everything from Aspen's eBay comes flat. :/
I don't mind rolled, but it does take a long time to flatten out the prints.
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #1152
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
So it was you that outbid me. Arggghhh. I really wanted that Soulfire print. Had to yield as I had spent too much that week.
Ahh, sorry OC
That Soulfire had been on my hit list for some time too..

Quote:
Love that OP print Viper! That's 1 that I wish I could add to my collection
Thanks! I love Jim Lee's take on Grace.
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:33 PM   #1153
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

that Aspen sketchbook print is awesome too!!
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #1154
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

I always request that prints get sent flat and have no problem paying more to have them shipped that way. Have had too many problems with rolled prints. Basically when someone ships a print in a tube, they have to physically manipulate the print. They have to roll it and push it in the tube. Anytime you physically manipulate a print, you risk damaging it. So I definitely prefer having prints shipped to me flat and thankfully most of the big sellers are now shipping flat.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 PM   #1155
Glennfett
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

i just seen the SDCC panel coverage Aspen/Frank did on youtube.
For those that have not seen it,it is well worth it.
The thing that amazed me the most from a collecting POV that no one here i think has mentioned yet is the fact they are FINALLY releasing the Aspen necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot wait to get this,especially as there will be 3 versions...so stoked...i asked Mike about this when he came to Australia!!!!
WOOT WOOT
Glennfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:16 AM   #1156
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennfett View Post
i just seen the SDCC panel coverage Aspen/Frank did on youtube.
For those that have not seen it,it is well worth it.
The thing that amazed me the most from a collecting POV that no one here i think has mentioned yet is the fact they are FINALLY releasing the Aspen necklace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot wait to get this,especially as there will be 3 versions...so stoked...i asked Mike about this when he came to Australia!!!!
WOOT WOOT
Its been mentioned a couple times here and there. I am honestly scared to see the price tag that they are going to put on this. As much as I want one, I doubt I will get one as I am betting the price is going to be way too high.

I just got a great deal. I got all 10 Lady Mechanika Sketch prints from the 2012 SDCC for just 35 dollars each ($350.00 for the set). Not bad considering this one print is going for over 300.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280923466357...84.m1426.l2649

I have spent WAY WAY WAY too much money lately but I have gotten some crazy sick deals. Just when I say I am done for a little bit, another deal pops up. I swear these print dealers are conspiring to take all of my money. Not just some of it but all of it.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:24 AM   #1157
toyzplz
Death is hereditary.

Those pencil sketch prints remind me of the set of Top Cow prints done awhile back (there's another thread where someone asked about info). They'd be awesome to add to the collection but I didn't see where or how they were sold at SDCC But $300 for an unnumbered print is absolutely crazy when it's more than likely that more will be printed off like the other Muerte prints will be.

Congrats on your pick up OC I think you got a great deal at $35ea!
toyzplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:06 AM   #1158
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
I don't mind rolled, but it does take a long time to flatten out the prints.
Agreed 100% but necessary evil given costs of shipping them flat overseas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
everything I get from Aspenstore comes rolled, but everything from Aspen's eBay comes flat. :/
Noticed this - confused me too. Also, shipping from Aspen eBay is a flat fee, but Aspenstore increases with the number of prints you order!
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #1159
renketsu
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Won this last night for a nice $50 - didn't expect to get it

Any one else get anything? That Kiani daily print went for a lot ($355)!!

Did one of you win the Lady Mech VIP print - waaaaay out of my finances this month
renketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #1160
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Congrats on your pick up OC I think you got a great deal at $35ea!
Thanks! I also think it was a pretty good deal. When I first saw the $350 price, I was a bit thrown back but then I realized there were 10 prints and that even with shipping it came out to be less than 37 dollars a print. I have no clue how these were distributed as I know a few dealers who didn't even know about them and they were both at the SDCC. I also have no clue how rare they are but at less than 37 a pop, I think its worth it even if they do wind up printing a lot. I love the prints. Yes, they do look like the old Top Cow prints. I really like the art board style as it makes it look like the original cover sketch. Of course, I would much rather have the originals but since that isn't possible....well, these prints are the next best thing. Given how much they have sold for, I thought about flipping them and trying to make some money but I like them too much to sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renketsu View Post
Won this last night for a nice $50 - didn't expect to get it
Any one else get anything? That Kiani daily print went for a lot ($355)!!

Did one of you win the Lady Mech VIP print - waaaaay out of my finances this month
Wow, 355 for the Kiani Daily. Nothing like a bidding war to get the prices up. I didn't win any prints but I got some 2nd chance offers that I accepted. Got the Batman "Moon" print, the Catwoman/Batman print, the Soulfire DOTL #0 print and the 2012 C2E2 Kiani Print. I actually already had the Catwoman/Batman print but its one of my favorites and the price was just too good to pass up. Gotta love the Aspen 2nd chance offers.

I actually had to order another Itoya Professional Profolio this morning. I have been going through them incredibly fast but I think from here on out, things are going to get much more difficult in regards to getting prints that I need so the pace of buying should slow down considerably from here on out. Then again, you just never know whats going to get listed on the Bay.

By the way, does anyone know what the next show is that Aspen is planning on attending? I was just curious.