Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #11
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josado View Post
I've never liked Yamato's website. There's always been things just wrong with it. Links that don't work, etc, coding wrong, etc. You can't even send in a report question via their website. And get this, I can't even create an account. I tried like last month, I think.
Yeah, not the most user friendly site at all. This will be my first Yamato. I had no idea they did so many variants of their stuff.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:57 AM   #12
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I've never liked Yamato's website. There's always been things just wrong with it. Links that don't work, etc, coding wrong, etc. You can't even send in a report question via their website. And get this, I can't even create an account. I tried like last month, I think.
They make some cool statues but yeah their website isn't the greatest. I pre-ordered a statue and it became available at BBTS.com and other places so I tried to cancel the order I had with them since they were taking so long to ship it out but they never responded to emails until I put in a request with Pay Pal to cancel it and then Yamato got back to me, lol...

I think with small companies your better off buying their stuff from Sideshow or BBTS.com, customer service for these small statue companies usually sucks, plus their websites are always badly laid out
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:27 PM   #13
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

If I can get it for roughly 50% off, like I did his Wonder Woman statue, I might buy it, but at full price its a very easy pass.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 02:26 PM   #14
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
If I can get it for roughly 50% off, like I did his Wonder Woman statue, I might buy it, but at full price its a very easy pass.
If you wait long enough you can usually get some good deals on their statues.... Most drop from $250 to $190 and sometimes even less.

Since they don't have edition sizes I think they might overproduce them and that's why you see the sales..
Old 10-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #15
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
If you wait long enough you can usually get some good deals on their statues.... Most drop from $250 to $190 and sometimes even less.

Since they don't have edition sizes I think they might overproduce them and that's why you see the sales..
I was not aware of that before I ordered from my LCS. I will wait from now on if there is a piece from them I like.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 04:26 PM   #16
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I was not aware of that before I ordered from my LCS. I will wait from now on if there is a piece from them I like.
Yeah, you can get great deals on Yamato statues. Best to be patient and wait for sales.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:52 PM   #17
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

I'm hoping that's the case with this one: http://yamatotoysusa.com/products/de...ive-luis-royo/

And that other places get it, like EE.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:21 PM   #18
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
I'm hoping that's the case with this one: http://yamatotoysusa.com/products/de...ive-luis-royo/

You have to usually wait 12+ months after release before you see any bargains...
Old 10-10-2017, 03:39 PM   #19
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:

Quote:
You have to usually wait 12+ months after release before you see any bargains...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produc...nDetails/62688

Ask, I shall receive. lol Of course, I will wait for the price to go down. But at least it's being sold somewhere else besides Yamato's site.
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #20
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I have ordered a couple from their website, but when I have had problems, Jeff sent me an invoice after contacting him on Facebook. Very good customer service. I wish I had more space. I have 10+ of their statues but am struggling on finding a new location for 1/6. 1/4 and 1/3 have really eaten into my real estate.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote