Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 03-09-2017, 06:53 PM   #11
A2G
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
What has PCS said exactly? Have they you sent an email explicitly stating the new or old policy?
They told me that the policy has changed and they do not give out full refunds any more. I asked what new policy is but no info was given.
A2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:13 PM   #12
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
yeaaaah, I can't say i agree with the bolded part. People lose interest in hobbies all the time, it doesn't make them "weak".

If you pay for something and it's promoted to be delivered within a certain amount of time, there's nothing wrong with you expecting said product within that time frame. If not, you should be entitled to your getting money back.
In my opnion... Telling fellow collectors to just accept delays "because it's part of the hobby" is piss poor form.
This hobby is only for the strong!
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #13
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
If you pay for something and it's promoted to be delivered within a certain amount of time, there's nothing wrong with you expecting said product within that time frame. If not, you should be entitled to your getting money back.

In my opnion... Telling fellow collectors to just accept delays "because it's part of the hobby" is piss poor form.
Agree. Other companies have gotten into legal troubles over lengthy preorder delays.

There should be a set guideline at the time of purchase and if that guideline has changed it should be instituted on new product going forward from the time of the change. All previous product should be grandfathered into whatever the policy was at that purchase time.

IMO would be best if PCS just take care of the few asking for refunds due to delays or offer a solution instead of saying no policy changed... Whoever is running customer service should put themselves in the customers shoes. Would they like that response if they were asking for a refund?
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 08:21 PM   #14
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Are they doing this because no statues will have a 2 year wait any more more like a 1.5 year wait?

Wonder what policy is in 2017 on darkness that's 3 years and counting.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 PM   #15
IronGold
Justice League

I remember with sideshow, if the product is delayed they send you an email stating its been delayed and even offer you the option of getting your pre order refunded. Perhaps PCS should take notice from sideshow.
IronGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:38 PM   #16
Toulon89
Kindly Asked To Leave

I'm sorry but anyone who says delays are part of the hobby are ignorant. Sideshow has recently picked up for the better and some of their releases are coming out a few months prior to their ETA.

F4F puts up preorders and delivers their statue within 7-12 months (look at Pacman, went up in July, now being delivered, that's 8 months).

Same goes for other companies.
Toulon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 11:17 PM   #17
vangeta
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sideshow may not put out the prettiest statues but they back it up with customer service. I've never been hassled on getting my NRD back on their products or products they distribute that are delayed. Heck, if you're not happy with the production piece you could return it for a full refund.

I'm beginning to regret my stack of preorders. Persistent delays and deflecting questions regarding why things are different on production pieces seems to be the norm now.
vangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 01:55 AM   #18
Comicbookguy
Hercules

I tried to cancel one po before for 3 months delay and I was told no on po's unless it's like 2-3 years late. But it was ok I sold my po to a buyer who wanted it. It's not the same as ss delayed refund policy.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:54 AM   #19
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeta View Post
Sideshow may not put out the prettiest statues but they back it up with customer service. I've never been hassled on getting my NRD back on their products or products they distribute that are delayed. Heck, if you're not happy with the production piece you could return it for a full refund.

I'm beginning to regret my stack of preorders. Persistent delays and deflecting questions regarding why things are different on production pieces seems to be the norm now.
People's mileage very there. SS hasn't really done that good by me in the past. Also their response time is oddly slow now, like a week to respond to emails. Used to be faster.

You should stop POing PCS stuff :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:33 AM   #20
Isaiasrosas212
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toulon89 View Post
I'm sorry but anyone who says delays are part of the hobby are ignorant. Sideshow has recently picked up for the better and some of their releases are coming out a few months prior to their ETA.

F4F puts up preorders and delivers their statue within 7-12 months (look at Pacman, went up in July, now being delivered, that's 8 months).

Same goes for other companies.
This is why I own 25+ statues from First 4 Figures. Happy to see tracking for both PAC-MAN and Link vs Scervo Diorama from a little under a year. That's how every company should be, but at the same time, one of the reasons of such delays may be due to the lack of time spent sending in samples and approving them. The difference between First 4 Figures is that they use the actual production piece and not the prototype before putting their products up for pre order. This is why they're able to work more efficiently and ship these statues out on their perspective release dates. Delays are a pain, I would agree, but in the end, PCS will push forward, as any company will do, in making sure these pieces get in the hands of Collectors in a timely fashion.
Isaiasrosas212 is offline   Reply With Quote