Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 01-22-2023, 03:06 PM   #1
Zee_Fan
Fantastic Four

McFarlane Sports Picks

Really more of a general McFarlane question than just the Sports Picks, but ...

Do you guys open yours from the clamshell packaging?

I have maybe 20-25 of them I've collected over the years. Nearly all of them are still inside their clamshell. Most in a box in my closet. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that they would actually be more "valuable" to me if I actually opened them and displayed them.

Seems silly to buy something just to store it. But I'm struggling with forcing myself to actually go through with it and free them from their packaging.
Zee_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2023, 08:12 PM   #2
qz33
Rescue

Sell 'em.

If for YEARS you can't decide on opening them to enjoy for a loss of financial value then their value to you is mainly financial. Unless they're superstars of sports (e.g. Brady, Jordan) then they aren't likely to be worth much more than they are right now.

I waited for years to open my Movie Maniacs then when I did the moment had passed after all that time. Now I just wish I had left them sealed to sell then or now.

Clearly they are just taking up physical and mental space. All the junk we collect will end up being sold anyway and all 20-25 won't all be of much value down the road if even any of them will.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 06:53 PM   #3
Zee_Fan
Fantastic Four

I'm a big sports fan, so most of them are of players/teams I follow. Most of those are displayed, albeit in their cases. I'd have more room though if I opened them, and then I could open and display some of the ones hidden away.

I think I will sell any of players/teams I don't really care about though. I bought a few just because they were "rookie" figures. No reason really to keep those.
Zee_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 08:06 PM   #4
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zee_Fan View Post
I'm a big sports fan, so most of them are of players/teams I follow. Most of those are displayed, albeit in their cases. I'd have more room though if I opened them, and then I could open and display some of the ones hidden away.

I think I will sell any of players/teams I don't really care about though. I bought a few just because they were "rookie" figures. No reason really to keep those.
Well given the quantity and years statement I took it that none of them were still playing. If they are playing then for sure OPEN those bad boys and set them up for the statues they are! The games will add to their enjoyment and they will add to the games!

I get it there's always that good vibe of having something you believe to be valuable still in its most valuable condition but they aren't doing any good stored away sealed in a clamshell and aren't going to be worth 20K even in 20 years.
Have fun!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote