Cobra Command

Congrats chalback!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:46 PM   #342
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalback View Post
Hey guys got my spino a few weeks ago and finally got it all set up, man the paint app on this is amazing and it adds just a great presence. The base is awesome and the water and plants just complete it so well.
That looks truly amazing, congrats.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 09:59 PM   #343
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Your Spino looks great chalback! Congrats!

As for my Spino, I may have spoken a bit too soon. I noticed it had gone from shipped back to processing on BBTS. I thought this was odd, but before I could reach out to them, they reached out to me and explained they had run into a hiccup getting my Spino shipped. The packages exceeded USPS's dimension limit. Instead, I could have my order shipped via FedEx. So I should yes, that would be good, please proceed.

Received another email this afternoon from BBTS. When they went to ship via FedEx, they discovered to ship the two boxes will cost nearly $1800!!! That's nearly $400 more than the actual cost of the item, and about $1200 more than I had originally paid for shipping originally.

For now, they've refunded the $590 I paid for shipping and placed the Spino back into my Pile of Loot, while I decided what I'd like to do. I can pay the $1800, or as they suggested, look into a freight forwarding company. Though I doubt that would come in much cheaper, as I'd be paying the shipping to them and then to me. They said if I choose not to proceed, I can have the order refunded entirely. You can't say BBTS doesn't have understanding customer service.

What should I do here guys?
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 10:13 PM   #344
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

That has to be an error, unless they are precharging import taxes or something. You could probably come get it for cheaper than that.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:00 AM   #345
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
When they went to ship via FedEx, they discovered to ship the two boxes will cost nearly $1800!!!
Jeeesus H! Are they shipping an actual dinosaur?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:40 AM   #346
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I refuse to pay more for shipping than the actual item, I've cancelled a few orders for this reason, and you know what, I've been able to find cheaper on other forums from collectors selling.
BigMo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:47 AM   #347
BladeoftheMoon
Mephisto

Quote:
Your Spino looks great chalback! Congrats!

As for my Spino, I may have spoken a bit too soon. I noticed it had gone from shipped back to processing on BBTS. I thought this was odd, but before I could reach out to them, they reached out to me and explained they had run into a hiccup getting my Spino shipped. The packages exceeded USPS's dimension limit. Instead, I could have my order shipped via FedEx. So I should yes, that would be good, please proceed.

Received another email this afternoon from BBTS. When they went to ship via FedEx, they discovered to ship the two boxes will cost nearly $1800!!! That's nearly $400 more than the actual cost of the item, and about $1200 more than I had originally paid for shipping originally.

For now, they've refunded the $590 I paid for shipping and placed the Spino back into my Pile of Loot, while I decided what I'd like to do. I can pay the $1800, or as they suggested, look into a freight forwarding company. Though I doubt that would come in much cheaper, as I'd be paying the shipping to them and then to me. They said if I choose not to proceed, I can have the order refunded entirely. You can't say BBTS doesn't have understanding customer service.

What should I do here guys?
Damn dude! I thought SC was overcharging me at 500.00 for that Mosa. It's weird as BBTS shipped my Spino for the 4.00 flat rate? Where d olive again bud?

Honestly for that kind of money you could probably go pick it up and load it on a plane yourself or just drive it?

I'm really confused, I just shipped four large boxes from TN to WI for 300.00 via UPS.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:27 AM   #348
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
Damn dude! I thought SC was overcharging me at 500.00 for that Mosa. It's weird as BBTS shipped my Spino for the 4.00 flat rate? Where d olive again bud?

Honestly for that kind of money you could probably go pick it up and load it on a plane yourself or just drive it?

I'm really confused, I just shipped four large boxes from TN to WI for 300.00 via UPS.
I'm in Canada.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 03:15 AM   #349
VickPS
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Received another email this afternoon from BBTS. When they went to ship via FedEx, they discovered to ship the two boxes will cost nearly $1800!!!

That's almost half the amount i had to pay DHL to ship the full 1:5 Rex all the way to Europe import fees included. And we're talking about this 200+ lbs box (of which dimensions written on aren't even accurate as it says 205cm when the dino itself out of the box is 213cm):

$1800 doesn't really make any sense for the Spino from US to Canada, especially when P1 Rotunda (three boxes) costed me $588 to Europe just a few days ago.

Now i wouldn't personally cancel because the piece is awesome, sought after and basically impossible to find, but would try to talk with their CS for hours if necessary to find a different solution. Hell i'd even consider going physically there to pick it up.
VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 08:59 AM   #350
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

That makes zero sense. Although is not the same, im waiting for my closed mouth raptor from Germany and they did free shipping for me. That's overseas!! You are in Canada! Also, weird, USPS shipped my Rotunda. Those are 3 enormous boxes.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote