Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-15-2023, 08:35 PM   #701
tdevo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Just added this beauty to my collection! Thought it would look good with my Colossus and Wolverine PFs. Eventually would like to add Storm and Cyclops to round out the display.

Was a "bear" to get the styrofoam/statue safely out of the art box without damaging the art box.

Took advantage of the New Years 10% off and points to reduce cost and offset tax and high shipping.

Sorry - Still haven't figured how to vertically flip the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	484914E0-3EA1-4769-8E88-0B725584A47E.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	157987   Click image for larger version

Name:	1D0BCDA8-511B-41CD-8843-CA8E18B87630.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	157988   Click image for larger version

Name:	7CE293D2-E0B2-4075-A992-95353979D0FE.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	378.9 KB
ID:	157989   Click image for larger version

Name:	6D68B4FA-C775-45AF-9029-6FE707EA2028.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	157991   Click image for larger version

Name:	E1F7339A-CD54-402F-A1D7-C8E8951B2447.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	157992  

Click image for larger version

Name:	A778FFC9-3293-4470-BB4D-5A44770B6BB0.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	278.8 KB
ID:	157993  
tdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2023, 10:21 PM   #702
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looking good tdevo.

Packaging is there to protect the statue, so I'm glad it's there.

However, I'm always super nervous when I'm unboxing a statue because I'm afraid I will somehow break something.

Best advise I can give is to go slow and use a large table for assembling.)
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 03:45 AM   #703
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Random question, but with 12 days cancelled recently… is sideshow slowing way down on reveals/production?
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 12:19 PM   #704
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
Random question, but with 12 days cancelled recently? is sideshow slowing way down on reveals/production?
Seems that way. I don't think they've revealed a new Marvel/DC statue since comic con. But check out the 12 days thread for conspiracies haha
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 04:44 PM   #705
tdevo
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos49698 View Post
Looking good tdevo.

Packaging is there to protect the statue, so I'm glad it's there.

However, I'm always super nervous when I'm unboxing a statue because I'm afraid I will somehow break something.

Best advise I can give is to go slow and use a large table for assembling.)
Agreed. The problem I had was actually pushing the styrofoam out of the art box. Very tight. Actually had to open both ends to push the styrofoam out.
tdevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:06 PM   #706
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevo View Post
Agreed. The problem I had was actually pushing the styrofoam out of the art box. Very tight. Actually had to open both ends to push the styrofoam out.

Next time use gravity. Open the box, flip the box upside down and then pull the art box up as gravity pulls the styrofoam down.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:28 PM   #707
xellos49698

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevo View Post
I had that issue as well. I prefer the rock back and forth method, pulling from the right for a little bit and then pulling to the left.

Takes longer, but as I mention before, I just get nervous when I unpack a statue.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 06:37 PM   #708
Abbottaker
Fantastic Four

Just got my Nightcrawler and boy, its a massive piece, I wasnt expecting this at all.

SSC has weight 13 lbs (5.9 kg) on their paige.
Well surprise, surprise, its actually 22 lbs (10 kg).

Don?t worry, though, before we actually ship anything you?ll know whether to expect an item you can place on your bookshelf or one that?s the size of a bookshelf!

That is a quote from them, lol. Not a first time, the weight is wrong, but that far from an actual weight? Caused me some problems to display this piece due to fact I wanted to place him with other mutants, but couldnt cause the total weight of those particular pieces could be too much for one shelf. Didnt want to risk it, so be aware of that.

Very happy with him, although I would appreciate smaller base (I dont know why, but never noticed its so massive from videos, pics, etc) and effect seams inside the sentinel hand could be less visible. Beside this nitpicking, a fantastic addition to my X-Men collection.

Abbottaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:04 AM   #709
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

Beautiful but?..,,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbottaker View Post
Just got my Nightcrawler and boy, its a massive piece, I wasnt expecting this at all.

SSC has weight 13 lbs (5.9 kg) on their paige.
Well surprise, surprise, its actually 22 lbs (10 kg).

Don?t worry, though, before we actually ship anything you?ll know whether to expect an item you can place on your bookshelf or one that?s the size of a bookshelf!

That is a quote from them, lol. Not a first time, the weight is wrong, but that far from an actual weight? Caused me some problems to display this piece due to fact I wanted to place him with other mutants, but couldnt cause the total weight of those particular pieces could be too much for one shelf. Didnt want to risk it, so be aware of that.

Very happy with him, although I would appreciate smaller base (I dont know why, but never noticed its so massive from videos, pics, etc) and effect seams inside the sentinel hand could be less visible. Beside this nitpicking, a fantastic addition to my X-Men collection.

For me it's the finished paint application of the Sentinel hand. It's "too perfect and NEW." I either wish they would have made the hand duller and/or worn to match that of the finish of the X23 and Wolverine or reversed it and had made X23 and Wolverine's shinier and newer to match that of Kurt's.

Unless??..

And this is as much of a long shot as it's also a wish???!!!!!!

As they mentioned how X23 and Wolverine were made to 'pair each other' perhaps the two of them fought off the same sentinel, so if that's the case, maybe Kurt will be paired with an Iceman who will have the other nicely painted/new sentinel hand to pair with? Or perhaps a Beast?.. or an Angel---maybe even a Jubilee or Dazzler. Either way, that would work for me to have another 'pairing' of a newer, shinier Sentinel hand bases.

Just a thought/wish.

And to piggyback off of what you mentioned earlier regarding the larger base.....as I do agree with you in that the base is not only huge but is also fairly heavy. But what irks me the most is that we are at the start of 2023 and I still cannot understand nor differentiate between what the heck is a Premium Format and what is a Maquette...??? So the last I recall, it seemed as though one would define a maquette as due to "larger, more elaborate nature" of the base....but if that is indeed the case, wouldn't Kurt's base qualify as a maquette as opposed to a PF? I looked at my Nightcrawler up against my Magneto last night and to be honest, The Nightcrawler's base was actually larger, wider and yet appeared to be just as detailed as Magneto's. So if that is the case then why not call the Nightcrawler a maquette..? On that same token, I bought the repainted Iron Man Mark 45 with the light up body parts and if I am not mistaken, that piece is listed as a maquette.....and he is literally standing on a piece of rock.?

So, yea,.....still confused about that maquette/PF concept..... The only thing I walk away with is.....you say the word 'maquette," you pay more money...??
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:05 PM   #710
DANIEL RAND
The Spirit

Children of the atom, students of Charles Xavier, MUTANTS... feared and hated by the world they have sworn to protect. These are The STRANGEST heroes of all
DANIEL RAND is offline   Reply With Quote