Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-20-2012, 11:08 PM   #1
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Silent Hill: Revelation

I really enjoyed the original film. I'm a big fan of the games and love the character design and atmosphere this world creates. Revelation looks like a great follow up. Just in time for Halloween.

Check it out.... TRAILER

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:18 AM   #2
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I still haven't played the first three games. I was going to get the "HD" collection but that was a disaster. I thought the movie was great overall. The acting, characters, music, cinematography. I even keep Rose's Zippo lighter in my bag. Looking forward to this 3D sequel for some answers to the original's ending.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Vracula
Jedi Order

Im excited too.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Vallos
Jubilee

Yes, the first movie was on point with getting the atmosphere and mood from the games. It was a well done.

**SPOILER ALERT***

My favorite part was during the scene when the air raid alarm goes off for the second time, and they are all running toward the church. Just before the last girl reaches the entrance, Pyramid Head grabs her by the chest and proceeds to forcefully skin her in one powerful motion, followed by him throwing the skin at the church door, splattering the protagonist's face with blood while she looks disturbingly. One of the most shocking scenes I have witnessed. Purely horrific!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Loved the first game back on the first PS, was a spooky fun game. Never tried any of the other games, were they just as good?
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:04 AM   #6
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Loved the first game back on the first PS, was a spooky fun game. Never tried any of the other games, were they just as good?
Silent Hill was alright but Silent Hill 2 was downright frightening. To this day its still one of the more creepy games I've ever experienced. Very disturbing imagery, though I'm sure it looks a bit dated now as its over a decade old. I remember the game's designer even cited Dario Argento's Suspiria (a personal favorite of mine) as being a major inspiration for the game. A lot of the imagery in the film originated here. I think the scariest thing was the ambient sound. It created a very uneasy feeling.

I also played parts 3 and 4. Both were good but didn't quite creep you out on the same level 2 did. Thats as far as I went with the series though. Not even sure how many they have done since.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #7
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallos View Post
Yes, the first movie was on point with getting the atmosphere and mood from the games. It was a well done.

**SPOILER ALERT***

My favorite part was during the scene when the air raid alarm goes off for the second time, and they are all running toward the church. Just before the last girl reaches the entrance, Pyramid Head grabs her by the chest and proceeds to forcefully skin her in one powerful motion, followed by him throwing the skin at the church door, splattering the protagonist's face with blood while she looks disturbingly. One of the most shocking scenes I have witnessed. Purely horrific!
Guillermo del Toro mentioned Silent Hill recently in an interview. He liked it. I don't know why so many people don't like the movie. The setup is wonky. But Rose is a Mother trying to do just about anything to help her daughter.

True about that scene. If I saw someone do that I wouldn't stop running till I reached another country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Never tried any of the other games, were they just as good?
From what I've researched Silent Hill 1-3 are the best ones. Those are the ones on my list to play. The HD Collection butchered 2 & 3. There is a massive youtube video about it. Shattered Memories is supposed to be ok. It's a remake of Silent Hill 1.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote