Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Thanks fort he info Frankie.

Is this correct?

Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:

Is this correct?

This is wrong. Going by your picture, the red wire (should be the coaxial cable) should go from the wall to the modem. You have it going from the wall to your router in the picture.

So the coaxial cable should go from the wall to the modem. Then using either another coaxial cable OR an Ethernet cable (whichever option you have), connect the modem to the router. Now that the modem and the router are both connected, then take another Ethernet cable and connect the router to the Xbox 360. That's all you need.

Of course this is all assuming you're connecting your Xbox through a wired connection and not wireless. FYI
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:09 PM   #23
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
This is wrong. Going by your picture, the red wire (should be the coaxial cable) should go from the wall to the modem. You have it going from the wall to your router in the picture.

So the coaxial cable should go from the wall to the modem. Then using either another coaxial cable OR an Ethernet cable (whichever option you have), connect the modem to the router. Now that the modem and the router are both connected, then take another Ethernet cable and connect the router to the Xbox 360. That's all you need.

Of course this is all assuming you're connecting your Xbox through a wired connection and not wireless. FYI
Like This?

I use wires.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #24
Andrew
Adamantium Plus Member

You should be golden!

Are you using anything else that requires an Ethernet cable, such as a PC or another gaming system?
Old 02-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #25
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
You should be golden!

Are you using anything else that requires an Ethernet cable, such as a PC or another gaming system?
I am planning on buying a Wii U and download classic NES and SNES games.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:22 PM   #26
Andrew
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
I am planning on buying a Wii U and download classic NES and SNES games.
The reason I ask is, if the only device you are using that requires your Internet connection is the Xbox 360, then you don't even need that router.

Coaxial cable from your wall to your modem and then Ethernet cable from modem to 360 and you're done.

If you get the Wii U, then you'll need a wireless router to connect to the Internet as there's no Ethernet port in the back, which makes NO sense.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM   #27
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
The reason I ask is, if the only device you are using that requires your Internet connection is the Xbox 360, then you don't even need that router.

Coaxial cable from your wall to your modem and then Ethernet cable from modem to 360 and you're done.

If you get the Wii U, then you'll need a wireless router to connect to the Internet as there's no Ethernet port in the back, which makes NO sense.
Wow, did not know that. Makes zero sense.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #28
risingstar
Jedi Order

Why don't you just ask your mom to move out?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #29
Andrew
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Wow, did not know that. Makes zero sense.
The original Wii didn't either, but you could purchase a USB adapter to plug an Ethernet cable into that to have a wired connection. Only problem was, the connection speed was always faster with wireless, supposedly because Nintendo wasn't using USB 2.0 ports to save on costs. Same is proving true with the Wii U and the USB Ethernet cable adapter.

It's so strange. Nintendo is by far one of the most (if not THE most) innovative gaming companies out there, yet they are so niave about the most common sense things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Why don't you just ask your mom to move out?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #30
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
My e-mail won't work because I don't have one of those google or yahoo mails.

I tried the thing today with Xbox 360 and router only. It did not work.

What I did was take an ethernet cable plug it into the internet source and (An internet socket in the wall) and the other end of the ethernet cable into the router in the part that says "wan". Then another ethernet cable into my Xbox 360 and the other end of that cable intothe socket that just says "1"?

Is this not how it's supposed to be done?
Quote:

Is this correct?

Quote:

Drew, the original wire he had coming from the wall was the ethernet cable, not the Coax cable. (he was missing the modem) That's why I stated the pic shown here was the way to go..Once he found the Modem he can go this route, Remember he also has to Re-Hook up his Mom's internet connection (which is port 2 back to the Wall/Mom's Connection), so he will need the router.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote