Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #211
Underdog07
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
The thing I find most baffling about all of this . . . who pays for hookers with a credit card

When it comes to 'entertaining' the ladies, CASH IS KING
Well, if I were to pay for a hooker with a credit card, it definitely would be with someone else's credit card. So there's something Darren has done right.
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #212
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog07 View Post
Well, if I were to pay for a hooker with a credit card, it definitely would be with someone else's credit card. So there's something Darren has done right.
Speaking hypothetically of course
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #213
Underdog07
Hercules

Just stimulating the economy
Underdog07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #214
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
...maybe everyone could all meet up as a group (more like mob) and go pay their booth a visit and start asking questions.. and instead of torches and pitch forks everyone could be holding picket signs and video cameras. and then post it to YouTube for all to see. .. now that would be poetic justice at its finest.
that would be another Nail in the coffin. or one more shovel full of dirt to fill grave.
Personally I'm starting to think it's time to let nature run it's course with this whole thing. It's gotten to the point on Facebook where if the public keeps getting fed all of this drama, it's literally going to look like a witch hunt and as a result the opposite effect of what we all want is going to happen.

It seems all of the parties that need to know what's going on, actually do (collectors, artists, and license holders i.e. Warner Brothers).

If and when Syco opens up the ability to post comments again, it's going to look really bad if there is another onslaught of accusations. I think Darren Martin is being his own worst enemy at this point by deleting everything that was posted and disabling the option to post anything more. He leaves up an announcement that was posted on Monday speaking of accusations and rumors and even an employee claiming to "step away" from it all until it's settled, yet there is no explanation for any of it and it shows there are supposed to be twenty-seven comments, yet there are only two.

The many "faithful" and "die-hard" customers of Syco who have seen all the mess are left wondering why everything was deleted if none of it was true and as a result, are left with that big question in their mind, "do I stay on board or jump ship?"

People went out of their way to take appropriate action and not only try to do the right thing, but use so much of their time and effort to right a serious wrong. At this point, it seems the fate of Syco is probably already written, it's just a matter of time to see how the chapter plays out. Either they are going to have to eventually shutdown or they will survive, rebuild, and hopefully treat future artists better than they have in the past because of what has been put into light.

That's my two cents on the matter. I'd hate to see this thing spiral out of control coming from the wrong side of the playing field. I can't imagine anything more constructive can be done on the side of the 'good guys'. Now we just gotta see how the 'bad guys' deal with the mess they have created.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #215
jedideni
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Nidgit wrote:
Quote:
The thing I find most baffling about all of this . . . who pays for hookers with a credit card
My guess would be: He doesn't have any money so she makes him use the credit card to buy something expensive to make her "time" worth "it" and then returns it to the store for cash.

gah! Now I'm thinking like a criminal
jedideni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #216
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Personally I'm starting to think it's time to let nature run it's course with this whole thing. It's gotten to the point on Facebook where if the public keeps getting fed all of this drama, it's literally going to look like a witch hunt and as a result the opposite effect of what we all want is going to happen.

It seems all of the parties that need to know what's going on, actually do (collectors, artists, and license holders i.e. Warner Brothers).

If and when Syco opens up the ability to post comments again, it's going to look really bad if there is another onslaught of accusations. I think Darren Martin is being his own worst enemy at this point by deleting everything that was posted and disabling the option to post anything more. He leaves up an announcement that was posted on Monday speaking of accusations and rumors and even an employee claiming to "step away" from it all until it's settled, yet there is no explanation for any of it and it shows there are supposed to be twenty-seven comments, yet there are only two.

The many "faithful" and "die-hard" customers of Syco who have seen all the mess are left wondering why everything was deleted if none of it was true and as a result, are left with that big question in their mind, "do I stay on board or jump ship?"

People went out of their way to take appropriate action and not only try to do the right thing, but use so much of their time and effort to right a serious wrong. At this point, it seems the fate of Syco is probably already written, it's just a matter of time to see how the chapter plays out. Either they are going to have to eventually shutdown or they will survive, rebuild, and hopefully treat future artists better than they have in the past because of what has been put into light.

That's my two cents on the matter. I'd hate to see this thing spiral out of control coming from the wrong side of the playing field. I can't imagine anything more constructive can be done on the side of the 'good guys'. Now we just gotta see how the 'bad guys' deal with the mess they have created.
you make a valid point Andrew. and i can see where you are coming from on this. and its probably good to sit and wait to see what the next chapter will bring. and if WB or Marvel/Disney will take action against him. but i think thats exactly what Darren is hoping for. that we all back off in hopes for all of this to blow over. it may not blow off with WB knowing the truth along with Marvel/Disney and everyone else in this industry. and im hoping that he gets shut down for good. but what happens if it does blow off? and nothing is done by WB Marvel/Disney? what then? we just give up and let it go?

i see it like this.... when the fox is running rabid in the hen house you usually dont just scare it off in hopes that you have take care of the situation. you take care of it the first time around so the fox doesn't return to kill more chickens.. e.g like Darren has done with the many people he has ripped off and companies he has ruined and ran into the ground.

but dont bet me wrong. im all for doing whats best so this scumbag doesn't work in this industry ever again. so i can agree to sit and wait. but only to see if what has happened was enough to shut this guy down for good. if it wasn't.
no retreat no surrender.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #217
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedideni View Post
Nidgit wrote:

My guess would be: He doesn't have any money so she makes him use the credit card to buy something expensive to make her "time" worth "it" and then returns it to the store for cash.

gah! Now I'm thinking like a criminal
well if he used a CC for the purchase the money would be re-credited back onto the CC. unless of course the policies involving CC companies are different in other counties than the US to where they can return the item for cash. had tellin not knowin.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #218
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
After all this drama, I just realize Chris' Lou sculpt is waaaaay off. The hair on Dan's avatar pic is frizzy. Waaaay off!

derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #219
heykool69
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I'm late to this party.....but can someone summarize the entire story..... in 5 sentences or less please
heykool69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #220
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by heykool69 View Post
I'm late to this party.....but can someone summarize the entire story..... in 5 sentences or less please
Well, let's see. First the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and they turned into oil. And then the Arabs came and they bought Mercedes Benzes. The end!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote