Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 12-06-2020, 11:53 AM   #381
clutch
Sailor Moon

Playing the PO game there's always the chance of getting burned.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:21 AM   #382
TheProfessional
Frackin!

Is there actually a chance some of these items will ever be released or are they just holding onto the preorder money as long as possible before they cancel?
TheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #383
TheProfessional
Frackin!

It's too bad what happened to Chronicle, they had some interesting stuff in the pipeline.
TheProfessional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 09:34 AM   #384
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Members, just joined forum.

I had purchased a 1:5 T-Rex bust from a collector on Ebay and asked seller if it came with the desk stand Chronicle Collectibles had on their site for sale.

Seller said, no it does not, and then told me what was going on with Chronicle, pointed me Chronicle Facebook page with attorney letter. I had pre-ordered $3,700.00 worth of Jurassic Park statues back in May 2020, not knowing what was going on. I only got the Indominous-Rex Final battle state, the rest $3,070.00 never full-filled, just like everyone else.

Items not received:
Chronicle Cryo-Can
Chronicle Mosasaurus
Chronilcle Dilophosaurus
Chronicle Final Battle T. rex
Chronicle Breakout Raptor

Since then, all products were removed from the Chronicle site.

Then I remembered these insane deals from 3 months ago, I went back in my Ebay purchase history.

A seller:chroniclecollectibles, they had 10-15 listings for some pretty high end Jurassic Park only items at almost, to good to be true deals. I bought 2 of them listed below.

SOLD BY: chroniclecollectibles
Sept 9, 2020
Listed for charity.
Crash McCreery's Baby Raptors Chronicle Collectibles
Sells new $650.00
Listed Price = $250.00
Accepted best offer $200.00 shipped
This user is no longer registered on eBay.

SOLD BY: chroniclecollectibles
Sep 10, 2020
Listed for charity.
Iron Studios T. Rex Attack Set A and B Collectible Set
Sells new $2,499.99
Listed Price = $1,990.00
Accepted best offer $1,600.00 shipped
This user is no longer registered on eBay.

I received both items very quickly and were in perfect condition.

seller:chroniclecollectibles only had items up for sale on ebay for a few weeks then, closed their ebay account.

Looks like Chronicle Collectibles, dumped 39 items in that time frame, claiming it was for charity?

Sorry members, I did not know, at the time, but its pretty obvious now, they sold everything left, and dumped the rest to a few ebay sellers. As I watch ebay pretty closely, and within that same time frame, alot of high end, rare stuff showed up for sale from different seller names (4 or 5 different ebay sellers).

My personal opinion,
All the money is going to the attorney's fees for bankruptcy, the typical cost of bankruptcy for medium to large size business ranges from $50,000 to as high as $500,000, just depends how much the attorneys have to do.

I wonder how much money, Chronicle received for Pre-Paid, non delivered merchandise?
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:24 AM   #385
clutch
Sailor Moon

I thought only part went to charity. It's ebay's system so I'm sure any money for charity was actually used for that purpose.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 12:52 PM   #386
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Chronicle went all in on Jurassic park. A very high profile license with a huge fan base.

I'm sure they reached fans who had never even been aware of the statue collecting market. Combined with their full size props, I'm certain they took a lot of first time collectors who had to first have a long talk with their spouse before dropping such a large amount of money, only to loose it.

Shame. They will be wary of this hobby for life now.
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:50 AM   #387
wayne-m0
The Spirit

yup absolutely shocking just glad i got my T-Rex 1/5th scale piece before it all went wrong. Now down on Rotunda Rex fully paid for and Chronicle lisesize Term endo. Just lucky i went with UK distributors who will honour my loss. Thats the trust gone in this game for me
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:01 AM   #388
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

I know statue businesses have gone bust before, but is this the biggest fall of a company in this industry? I also feel they mislead us for months with all these preorders that they probably never planned to release.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 10:23 AM   #389
JranasaurusRex
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMo View Post
I know statue businesses have gone bust before, but is this the biggest fall of a company in this industry? I also feel they mislead us for months with all these preorders that they probably never planned to release.
I am not defending them at all.

Look at all the cool stuff Chronicle Collectibles developed and put out over the years.

No one plans for this to happen, but these type of business people, start robbing peter to pay Paul to support their extravagant lifestyles they start living Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous lives, from a little success.

It starts to be a vicious cycle, getting money from project/presale/etc. and funneling it into something other project/item or to support the lifestyle, living way to high on the hog.

I have seen this with residential home builders multiples times. Its easy money flowing in, but all it takes is one bad sub contractor or covid manufacturing delays and delivery's to bring it crumbling down.

Chronicle, I believe did try to save it, who wouldn't as it was their cash cow, but when you have robbed Peter to pay Paul, long enough, the debt is just to high, plus the non communication, no social media presence and letter from attorney, cancelling pre-orders with no refunds, those are all signs its is probably all over.

At-lease Sideshow and Prime 1 only ask for small non-refundable down payment on pre-orders, where Chronicle required full payment on pre-orders, which makes you wonder if it was just a money grab, to raise as much income, to try and save the company, or fill their pockets, knowing the company was going down, never intending to produce or deliver the pre-order products.

I think the key thing I have learned, is a lot of these guys are really good at making statues and props, but they are not really professional business men. Thus what happened to Chronicle.

UN-fortunately they had be very successful up to this year and no one had any reason to doubt the pre-order legitimacy, until delivery dates started to change, letter posted by law firm, orders cancelled with no refunds.

Lesson learned, just dont pay full price for a pre-order ever again. They are just playing on your weakness that you might miss a chance to get item before it doubles in price on after market.

If those pre-order statues, end up on re-sale sites, then you know they were in production and if they dont, you know they were never even planned to build and it was all a scam.
JranasaurusRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 08:14 PM   #390
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
yup absolutely shocking just glad i got my T-Rex 1/5th scale piece before it all went wrong. Now down on Rotunda Rex fully paid for and Chronicle lisesize Term endo. Just lucky i went with UK distributors who will honour my loss. Thats the trust gone in this game for me
So it's confirmed you are not getting the Endo now or are they making it right for you?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote