Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 07-27-2011, 10:18 PM   #21
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

2012 has a 40% of being my last year. It's not really a lot of fun anymore. To many people, to many lines. I really enjoyed preview night and Thurs, so that may have to be enough for me in the future.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:16 PM   #22
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKinSD View Post
it is no longer a comic convention but a hollywood convention.

I am bummed to see this get this far but it has. I am very glad that the NYCC show is like SDCC of old. still can get books and meet artists, still see folks after years and years. It is my major show of choice now.
I've always wanted to go to SDCC but reading how the whole experience goes for people here, I really am not wanting to go between the high price of just going and even trying to get tickets.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #23
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
I've always wanted to go to SDCC but reading how the whole experience goes for people here, I really am not wanting to go between the high price of just going and even trying to get tickets.
That just means you need to come up to NYCC
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #24
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
That just means you need to come up to NYCC
I think I am going to have to. My wife keeps telling me to go to SDCC but it just looks like no fun (except seeing all the hot cosplay girls).
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:10 AM   #25
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
I think I am going to have to. My wife keeps telling me to go to SDCC but it just looks like no fun (except seeing all the hot cosplay girls).
Its become less about the convention and more about that time of year in San Diego for me. That city has amazing weather and great food, that is complemented by the crazy uniqueness of Comic Con. If you look at the overall package, there is a lot of fun to be had.

If your one and only concern is the con, then I might suggest trying other conventions. I have the added benefit of having friends who live there, so maybe I am biased. Either way, there is still a lot to do out there.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 AM   #26
bigsilva77
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I got my 4 day passes last week on Thurs. Yes that line was ridiculously long. To buy next years badges you needed a badge for this year to buy them.
bigsilva77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:20 PM   #27
Shandil
U talkin' to me?

WHAT??????? That's the line to buy the tickets for next year convention??????? I could at some point understand if it was the line to get in this year, but to buy the tickets for next year?
I can only faint at the thought!
Shandil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #28
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandil View Post
WHAT??????? That's the line to buy the tickets for next year convention??????? I could at some point understand if it was the line to get in this year, but to buy the tickets for next year?
I can only faint at the thought!
After the online madness of getting tix for this year's con, I dont blame them for playing it safe and waiting on that line.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #29
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
2012 has a 40% of being my last year. It's not really a lot of fun anymore. To many people, to many lines. I really enjoyed preview night and Thurs, so that may have to be enough for me in the future.
Yeah, 2012 might be my last year to attend SDCC. I've read an article that the Con may not have pre-registration on site for the 2013 Con.

http://whennerdsattack.com/?p=3481

Quote:
I would say, at least go once and make up your own mind. A friend of mine had the same concern as this was his first year at SDCC. He still found it enjoyable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
After the online madness of getting tix for this year's con, I dont blame them for playing it safe and waiting on that line.
That's exactly why my buddy and I decided to get in line to avoid the online madness. One of our buddies said he spent 4 hours online trying to get passes for this year and only got passes for Thursday and Friday. It was well worth the wait to secure a 4 day pass with preview night.
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #30
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

From the G4 Network

Jonah Ray chats with the most die hard fans at Comic-Con, the ones who wait in lines for hours just to nab a spot in the awesome movie, TV and comic book panels.

Video Clip
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote