Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-10-2020, 09:06 AM   #771
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khufu View Post
I know there has been some interesting back and forth about this statue and the XM version, but I have to say I'm really happy with the Sideshow version. I'm mostly an XM collector, but something about their version didn't feel right to me. The belt buckle was the main thing I didn't like.

I actually like the more "plain" looking Sideshow version for a character like this. It's actually a bit more detailed than pictures show. Not texture per say but the lines, etc... I wasn't and still not a fan of the snow base, but the XM base was boring imo too. It really came down to cost more than anything. I'm not a huge Cyclops fan so the Sideshow version won out for me.

I think it looks great with my XM Phoenix. I think the XM version probably would have made Phoenix look a bit more dated/plain.

As collectors, its great to have options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Looks like he's in a wind tunnel screaming ... it's a bummer the serious portrait came out looking like a sad face...

I will say that Jean looks great next to him... They both look like they jumped out of a comic book
They do. I was immediately reminded of this comic when Jean went back to wearing the Phoenix costume for a bit in the late 90s.

Now if only we had the rest of the characters here...
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 09:24 AM   #772
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I personally like both XM and SS creative outlook on the statue. But I tell you what, if I see another statue made out of the Jim Lee version of Cyclops I will be Where is the John Byrne look!?

Yes! I’m right there with you. This is the look I want the most, too. Even if they would variant this Cyclops into the classic costume, I’d love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Very nice!

You have great taste, sir. On both the SSC Cyclops and XM Phoenix. I have XM Phoenix and SSC Jean waiting for Scott to arrive, myself.

Now if I ever get a classic Byrne Cyclops, then it'll be Phoenix with Byrne Cykes. And then Jim Lee Jean with Jim Lee Cykes.
Same here AC. Classic Cyclops with Phoenix, OG Storm and Wolverine PFs.

Just giving credit where it’s due, Byrne didn’t come up with the costume. It existed long before Byrne, and Dave Cockrum I believe updated the visor and belt for Giant Size X-Men #1.
Old 07-11-2020, 05:36 AM   #773
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
I personally like both XM and SS creative outlook on the statue. But I tell you what, if I see another statue made out of the Jim Lee version of Cyclops I will be Where is the John Byrne look!?

Amen! Byrne Cyke FTW! I'd even settle for a Astonishing Cyclops as well.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 05:44 AM   #774
SDguy

I'd prefer astonishing or REALLY toned down swash buckler boots on a Byrne design.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:09 PM   #775
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yes! I’m right there with you. This is the look I want the most, too. Even if they would variant this Cyclops into the classic costume, I’d love it.

Same here AC. Classic Cyclops with Phoenix, OG Storm and Wolverine PFs.

Just giving credit where it’s due, Byrne didn’t come up with the costume. It existed long before Byrne, and Dave Cockrum I believe updated the visor and belt for Giant Size X-Men #1.
Yup, have to give credit to Cockrum, too. Wish SSC would honor both of them by releasing a classic Cykes.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #776
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I'd prefer astonishing or REALLY toned down swash buckler boots on a Byrne design.

Mm hmmm ...me too.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:41 PM   #777
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Quote:
Yup, have to give credit to Cockrum, too. Wish SSC would honor both of them by releasing a classic Cykes.
Quote:
Mm hmmm ...me too.
Me three!
Old 07-14-2020, 05:17 PM   #778
SONICobra
Batman

a moot point but i saw this on instagram the other day by roger cruz (@rogercruzart) and was like "thats the exact pose i was hoping for..." maybe with swap out left arm with hand to visor and optional mixed media jacket or sculpted jacket (arm swap out would be easier). this is kind of the regal look i was hoping for with cyke, would have looked great with the rest of the line too

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	106458043_264092118205008_3667152355312372545_n(1).jpg
Views:	268
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	131720  
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 05:54 PM   #779
Mister H
Gen 13

I would buy a Lee or Astonishing Cyclops in that stoic pose. Fits his personality perfectly.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:38 AM   #780
pau123
Sailor Moon

Simple pose yet on the money
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote