Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-11-2020, 12:38 AM   #171
Angronsrage1
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I’m all for the diorama idea for most of this line cause the issue with warhammer by prime 1 was gonna be the scale among other things but we already know what those were lol

HMO can do a lot with this smaller scale so doing epic battle scenes for most of this line would really make it stand out and make it worth investing in

And this is coming from somebody that doesn’t mind museum Poses and wasn’t that into dioramas but I think a warhammer statue line would benefit alot from it
Angronsrage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 05:20 AM   #172
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I think a good way to push xenos since they aren't as popular is have them in fight dioramas, not just bodies on the floor.

Even if it wasn't in the same diorama but instead made into a two-piece that can be put together. Like I'd never buy a solo tyrant, but if they made it so that dread (if they ever made it) was fighting one then I'd be a lot more onboard.
Exactly.
I really would like fighting diorama's in this scale (max 3 full units at one base). And as you said one unit in fighting stance (less expensive), you can add to make it look like skirmish scene with others.
Also statues don't have to be primarch only (or against one unit).

I like the various regular units and some buffed squad leaders, hacking/slashing/head shots etc
- Ork against Chaos
- Ork against Spacemarine
- SM against Chaos
- Loose I.G. (machinegun nest)
(maybe I.G., tau or necron as fallen soldier on base, but not overkill)
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 02:46 PM   #173
Angronsrage1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Exactly.
I really would like fighting diorama's in this scale (max 3 full units at one base). And as you said one unit in fighting stance (less expensive), you can add to make it look like skirmish scene with others.
Also statues don't have to be primarch only (or against one unit).

I like the various regular units and some buffed squad leaders, hacking/slashing/head shots etc
- Ork against Chaos
- Ork against Spacemarine
- SM against Chaos
- Loose I.G. (machinegun nest)
(maybe I.G., tau or necron as fallen soldier on base, but not overkill)
Definitely agree with more fighting dioramas

That would be amazing

But for me personally I would want main characters

Never was for getting statues of no name units I have to be into a character to warrant investing in but that’s just me
Old 07-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #174
dao2
Cyclops

My Gully has arrived in the US! Excited to get it soon
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 01:59 PM   #175
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
My Gully has arrived in the US! Excited to get it soon
Nice. Share some pics when you can.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #176
Angronsrage1

Mine is in transit but don’t have an estimate date hopefully any day now
Old 07-16-2020, 08:28 PM   #177
mufizal
The X-Men

Quote:
There's a potential squat mention in the 9th edition book that I hope isn't just bait (like they often do ;p). I'd be so stoked for proper squats!

Dunno how I'd feel about a necron statue, I'd want it to be something really fancy like the silent king or at least a cryptek cause they'd be kind of vanilla/terminator looking otherwise :< I think a good way to push xenos since they aren't as popular is have them in fight dioramas, not just bodies on the floor. Even if it wasn't in the same diorama but instead made into a two-piece that can be put together. Like I'd never buy a solo tyrant, but if they made it so that dread (if they ever made it) was fighting one then I'd be a lot more onboard.
How about Cypher? any thoughts on that?

Mufizal
mufizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:41 PM   #178
Halcyon
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufizal View Post

Mufizal
Hi Mufizal,

The Cypher concept with the dead warboss is good concept. Cypher is perfect this way, has a nice stance with his weapons drawn.

The ork warbanner is very nice too. But can you still alter the dead ork a bit?
For example the old viking helm does not give a strong 40k vibe and the brain falling out is not really the right war wound in this case.

Personal I like when the ork bosses have their metal jaw and multiple spikes (sometimes the bionical eye looks good too).

Old 07-19-2020, 06:05 PM   #179
Halcyon
New Republic

Cool

Mufizal,

Can you already share some insight / an update of these last two concept drawings (HMO has released in the past)?
Thank you !
Old 07-19-2020, 07:14 PM   #180
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufizal View Post

Mufizal
Honestly I think Cypher is a bit of a weird choice. He's really just a sort of red herring character. And while he's certainly fought orks he doesn't particularly go after them, and while he does fight that's not really his specialty. Not a huge Dark Angel's fan but if you were going to do DA I would probably have chosen Azrael or even better Ezekiel. There's even some pretty good artwork with Ezekiel vs a Warboss and his psychic hood is pretty neat and unique looking.

I'm a huge Imperium fan so I don't mind all the dead or dying xenos, traitors, and mutants on the floor. But even as a loyalist it would be cool to see a fight, a struggle, not just triumph. And as I said I think doing a xenos centric piece may be a tough sell so doing a fight diorama would work (even if billed as two seperate statues that can be placed together). Although if it's going to be vs a warboss then I think the most iconic duo to do would be Ghaghkull Mag Thraka vs Yarrick, both beloved characters and their struggle is long and storied. GW may be more for the recent Ragnar Blackmane vs the new Ghazghkull but frankly that was a tough pill for many fans to swallow and people are still decrying it. Also that'd just be a massive statue cause new Ghaz is massive. Old school ghazzie is the epitome of the classic ork war boss look and Yarrick is his fated arch-enemy.

Also if anyone is interested there is a new unboxing with pretty decent quality now up on youtube. I'd link but it's against forum rules unfortunately so you'll have to search for it yourself.

edit: Also just to help clarify what I mean by two piece dioramas I mean something akin to the Kinetiquettes Evil Ryu vs Oni Akuma. Seperately sold statues that are amazing on their own, but designed to be placed together in epic diorama fashion.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote