Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-28-2022, 09:19 PM   #3991
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJe View Post
I think it is very important to call out issues for things that collectors spend lots of money on. However, when people blow a small issue out of proportion or try to diminish the many positives with 1 or 2 negatives that?s when it can get annoying. If we are able to criticize a company like Prime 1 for prototype to release flops like the 1/3 joker, then we should also praise them for when they come through and deliver a masterpiece like this Predator. We should call out small issues like the teeth, but we shouldn?t dwell on it or blow it out of proportion. I know the point of forums like this is to discuss and debate, but sometimes it seems impossible to please certain collectors no matter what the company delivers.

Hutch0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:19 PM   #3992
dao2
Cyclops

An issue that can be spotted in seconds is not exactly a small issue :P I mean literally if they posted a clear production photo of the face people could have instantly told them to fix it but companies don't do that, and when they fail to catch it themselves IMO they deserve ---- for it. It's not something small or random the teeth and tusks are primary features of the preds. Still great, still gonna buy it, but it's a pretty big ----up IMO.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:45 PM   #3993
Patriot666
Birdman

Then we were like:

Patriot666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 10:53 PM   #3994
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Teeth is centre part of face portrait so most visible.
Thankfully the inner teeth are viewed against the inside of the mouth (which is dark), so from a distance they don't stand out too much.

I have a bigger problem with the extremely wrinkled legs, but as others have said, if that's where Prime 1 dropped the ball, we got off extremely lucky. This could've been a disaster and yet, even with the legs and teeth, it's still shaping up to be the best Predator collectible of all time.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:41 PM   #3995
Riozza311
Fantastic Four

Dreads

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJe View Post
I'm pretty sure the dreads look exactly like they did in the prototype pictures, relatively bunched up and you can see that the dreads are identical for each head sculpt. In terms of appearance, it also looks the same to me from prototype to production. Criticism is good but they are basically giving you what they showed from the beginning. Prime 1 have dropped the ball on prototype to production in the past, but this piece looks just as good as the prototype if not better with certain sculpt changes. To each their own though.
It looks like they are not hanging but curling in, but it was confirmed that you can move them by another user..he said they are adjustable rubber type of dreads like the 1/4 ..so that?s good, the look I?m seeing is probably from it wrapped up in the packaging
Riozza311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2022, 11:48 PM   #3996
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Thankfully the inner teeth are viewed against the inside of the mouth (which is dark), so from a distance they don't stand out too much.

I have a bigger problem with the extremely wrinkled legs, but as others have said, if that's where Prime 1 dropped the ball, we got off extremely lucky. This could've been a disaster and yet, even with the legs and teeth, it's still shaping up to be the best Predator collectible of all time.
The wrinkled legs seems to be intentional artistic direction, I mean a lot of us told prime 1 about this, asking them to smooth it out a little, so they knew well in advanced, but they still persisted. It's also on the CH version. Biggest giveaway is they smoothed the torso, but left the legs the same, so I'm fairly sure they intended to design it that way.

I agree with you, even with the minor issues, by far the best predator statue available on the market. I'm still stunned how a production piece can look like this. It's a huge win for us predator fans.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 01:24 AM   #3997
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
The wrinkled legs seems to be intentional artistic direction, I mean a lot of us told prime 1 about this, asking them to smooth it out a little, so they knew well in advanced, but they still persisted. It's also on the CH version. Biggest giveaway is they smoothed the torso, but left the legs the same, so I'm fairly sure they intended to design it that way.

I agree with you, even with the minor issues, by far the best predator statue available on the market. I'm still stunned how a production piece can look like this. It's a huge win for us predator fans.
Yeah they definitely let it and it's not a surprise, they didn't say they were going to change it.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:00 AM   #3998
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:

They probably just don?t get it that it should be smooth artisticall.

More than likely the studio feels the wrinkle thighs look better in statue form than the movie version.

Not that they?re intentionally being dicks and want to get give us a bad product.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 02:29 AM   #3999
Hutch0o
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
They probably just don?t get it that it should be smooth artisticall.

More than likely the studio feels the wrinkle thighs look better in statue form than the movie version.

Not that they?re intentionally being dicks and want to get give us a bad product.
They probably just wanted it to look modern and as "real" as possible. Although I do agree that Stan Winston and his team could have added that texture to his legs if they wanted. I do think it looks good with the rough reptilian skin in statue form, makes more sense for a creature that hunts in a jungle to have tougher skin not smooth marine looking skin.
Old 11-29-2022, 02:34 AM   #4000
Hutch0o
Birdman

At the end of the day the original was a costume and I feel this statue has brought the costume to life in it's own sense.

Even the costume couldn't make a fist properly due to the design, and the muscles had that cushiony rubber look, not individual muscles doing their job like this statue has (defined triceps bicep with veins etc.) They did pay homage to the suit with the bonus version closed fists with thumb out, showing they know how the original suit was. They clearly designed this guy to be movie accurate with a hint of realism.

It's ironic how a statue has made him more realistic than the actual creature in the movie in some aspects, the muscle anatomy of the statue is an undeniable example.