Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 03-09-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
mitchanator
Death is hereditary.

Halo 2, still worth it ?

i finished halo 1 but never player halo 2 and they have the collectors edition for 25 at my future is it worth it ?. I want to finish it before halo 3
mitchanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:48 AM   #2
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Yes
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
Juggernaut
The Falcon

I did not buy a Xbox because the only games that I wanted for it was DOA 3, Halo 1&2

When I buy an Xbox 360 I will pick up those 3 games. just to play the games as single player at least.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:56 PM   #4
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Halo is absolutely worth it. the multiplayer still stands above 90% of other console games. It rocks, and getting an online battle is actually easier then many current games like Call of Duty 3. After beating Gears, and several weeks of COD3, Halo 2 is back on top as the #1 online game for me.

also, have to brush up those skills for Halo 3
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #5
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Futureshop!!!! Wow what a name eh? And owned by the same ppl as Best Buy weird.

Anyways Halo 2. Single player just beat it quick and easy but it won't be as badass as Halo was. But multiplayer is where it's at. Like Car5on said, it's odd that no other multi game out can match the matchmaking system Halo 2 had and what Bungie had to accompany it by checking online to see your latest maps and where you died and how was very kewl. It was also pretty hard to cheat even with some glitches that got through the game was too fast to pull any of that off.

My FAVOURITE part was that when talking to online, anyone can hear you, and depending on how far they were it would sound like they were far away. Now if you wanted to just talk to your team you would press a button and talk and only they would hear you. If only more games would be like this!
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #6
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Anyways Halo 2. Single player just beat it quick and easy but it won't be as badass as Halo was.
Quick and easy huh...I know you dont mean on the hardest setting - couldnt even get through the first level
Old 03-09-2007, 03:21 PM   #7
Ghost

Are you serious? You couldn't on Legendary? Was that the highest? I can't recall. I did a lot of jump and retreat to get through that game. I didn't beat it but I did get halfway until I got bored. When I would play co op it was more of like a 1 on 1 with my brother then actually trying to beat it.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #8
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
Are you serious? You couldn't on Legendary? Was that the highest? I can't recall. I did a lot of jump and retreat to get through that game. I didn't beat it but I did get halfway until I got bored. When I would play co op it was more of like a 1 on 1 with my brother then actually trying to beat it.
Dead serious, it's hard as hell. Come on Ghost, come clean - what you mean is you got halfway...through the first level
Old 03-09-2007, 04:30 PM   #9
Ghost

lol I'm serious. I'm pretty good at those games, mainly more PC then console but Halo got me into FPSs on consoles. I need to practice before the Beta is out. I'm going through Gears on insane right now and so far 3rd act and not that hard either. Stop and Pop is a big difference from just run and gun in Halo so that makes Halo harder cause sometimes there's no where to run. I'll play it again but I have to do it all over since I have to beat it on regular to open up Legendary right? We'll see when I get there tonite.
Old 03-09-2007, 09:45 PM   #10
They're Statues!
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchanator View Post
i finished halo 1 but never player halo 2 and they have the collectors edition for 25 at my future is it worth it ?. I want to finish it before halo 3
The collectors edition has a second disk with behind the scenes stuff. Was nothing special to me, but $25 bucks is a good price. I would suggest picking up a used copy of the standard Halo 2 for under $20.

Single player Halo 2 disappointed me in the same way Metal Gear Sons of Liberty disappointed me. In both games they waste your time making you play a secondary character. You play as Solid Snake for maybe a third of Sons of Liberty and you play as Master Chief for only half of Halo 2. It's like going to a concert and the opening act is on stage for more time than the headliner you came, and paid, to see.

The story wasn't as good as Halo 1 IMO but it is act two in a three act story.

There were great improvements in Halo 2 multiplayer but I was not happy with some of the weapon changes.
They're Statues! is offline   Reply With Quote