Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 10-28-2021, 04:57 PM   #11
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Just finished Year Two.

Superman vs Black Canary fight was brutal, Superman killed Black Canary after a yellow ring chose him, he killed her with his eye beams, but Dr. Fate intervained and brought Canary back and sent her to another Earth where there was a living Ollie of that Earth that lost his Dinah. Fate also sent their baby Conner as well and they lived happly ever after there. (:

Hal joined to the Sinestro Corps, after Ganthet took his Green Lantern ring as deeming him unworthy to the Green Lantern Corps. Then Sinestro killed John and blamed Guy for John's death. An enraged Hal went and killed Guy Gardner in an extremely brutal way. Hal ripped Guy's ring weilding arm off in the mid air... And Guy just fell to his death.

Ganthet decided to execute Superman on the spot 'cause he was a totally lost case, mad man now, but couldn't 'cause Batman broadcasted Superman's actions, how he killed Black Canary to the whole world, and all the World's people were afraid of Superman, and that fueled his yellow ring with fear enegy and made him even stronger than ganthet and Mogo The Green Lantern Living Planet. Superman pushed both of them to the Sun and killed them.

Green Lantern Corps. lost the war for Earth against Superman and Sinestro Corps. Batman and all the other survivors of the Resistance went underground to hide again but with a small victory, James Gordon incapsitated Cyborg in the Watchtower before his death and resistance kidnapped Robin and Flash and They already had Raven. So Superman lost some precious allies.

The War for Earth can be a cool event name on its own btw. (:

It was a pretty solid read.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:06 AM   #12
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

I was a fan of the games. I bought and own every hard cover that came out from this book. It really is fantastic and something different. I like the tone on some of the heroes. I also like the characterization of say Flash. He's on Supes side but he is very uncomfortable, where Wonder Woman is not.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:55 AM   #13
Mister H
Gen 13

I tried this out but couldn't get into it. I think if I hadn't already read The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come then I would have been able to finish it. I get why people dig this though. Nightwing's death was the first thing that bothered me, for several reasons. I understand there is an animated version of this as well.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #14
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I tried this out but couldn't get into it. I think if I hadn't already read The Dark Knight Returns and Kingdom Come then I would have been able to finish it. I get why people dig this though. Nightwing's death was the first thing that bothered me, for several reasons. I understand there is an animated version of this as well.
The Dark Knight Returns ? how come it influance your enjoyment of Injustice ? Batman vs Superman comparison ? well, they defrinciate enough i believe. Nightwing's death didn't bother me because it was an elseworld story. You know what they say, whatever happens in elseworlds, stays in elseworlds. (:

I understand Kingdome come and how it depict Superman's unshakable moral compass but it's fun to see that what if Superman didn't have that unshakable moral compass. Zack Snyder's Superman also didn't have it. Totally brutaly murdered Zod ? Did it bother you ? I saw so many so called Superman fans who didn't even blink an eye to Zod's death.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:46 PM   #15
Mister H
Gen 13

No the killing parts don't bother me. No hero can fight an enormous amount of villains and not kill eventually. It's just the "hero v hero" thing. Frank Miller sort of started it all back in 86 with TDKR but here lately all we see are stories where the superhero goes bad: Injustice, Irredeemable, The Boys, Civil War, Civil War II, Batman v Superman. I appreciate some of those stories but it's getting tiresome. For me.

....as for Nightwing. I'm a straight up hater of the "Bat-Family" concept. Nightwing gets the ever so slightest pass because I view him as a bad idea that turned out kinda cool. To see him get killed by Damian (my most hated Bat family member of all) irritates me. Yeah, it's an alternate reality and sometimes those are really cool, but this one doesn't work for me. I did try though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:03 AM   #16
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I thought i gave an answer to Mister H... man, i'm getting old...
You totally forgot Kingdom come (Captain Marvel vs Superman), Red Son (Batman vs Wonder Woman and Batman vs Superman), New Frontier (Batman vs Superman)
I can't get enough of DC big three hero vs hero.

I don't care that much about Marvel hero vs hero though, i haven't read both of civil wars yet. All the complain started when Marvel got in to hero vs hero anyway. It seems DC fans are happy at the DC side of the things. (: