Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-15-2022, 10:56 AM   #721
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijutitan View Post
Yeah, I?m hoping for a replacement but from what I?ve heard, other collectors have said that P1 is completely out of replacement parts for this piece. I sent them an email on Monday but no response yet.

Even if they somehow do have a replacement wall available, chances are it could get damaged in shipping or it simply won?t fit into my current base as do most replacement pieces from P1.

The statue as a whole is amazing though and he looks great next to the Dog Alien so I am really hoping P1 can come through with a resolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Prime 1 do not appear to allow for replacement parts. I know this from experience. Which is why i had to pay to have my Reika portrait eye's fixed and hair painted (there was paint missing in 6+ places). Prime 1 had no replacement portraits?
Return and refund is their only option at times.
I've only ever had to have one piece from Prime 1 replaced as far as parts go, and I got mine. Which is why both these statements are odd to me. I wonder if its on a piece by piece basis? My drogon on my Prime 1 Daenerys statue was busted up in 4 places. Todd got me another one, but it took a long, long time. Partly due to COVID, partly due to it happening between Christmas and Chinese New Year, but also because if I understood Todd right, they were going to make a replacement part. Just make a new one. So again it makes me curious if Prime 1's replacement policy is a case by case basis depending on the piece and what factory it came from.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 11:33 AM   #722
Strychnine
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijutitan View Post
I got mine this past Monday. I was ready to accept some kind of issue whether it be a small breakage or QC but instead I got greeted with a lovely hole in the wall.
Wow. I don't think the castings on these could have been any thinner. This is the 4th one I've seen so far that have arrived damaged. Pretty disappointing.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 05:58 PM   #723
kaijutitan
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
If i owned this piece i would display it without the wall, as others have done.
I would be more than happy to accept a $200 - $400 refund in return for demolishing the wall all together.

Q. What is the bottom of the base made of?
Well the wall seems to be mostly hollow in the inside and the base itself wasn't too heavy so I assume it's the same throughout, just polystone with a hollow inside.

Only other statue I had the displeasure of seeing the inside of was their scorpion alien which they asked me to break for a replacement and that base was also hollow polystone.
kaijutitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 08:50 AM   #724
Themanwholaughs
Fantastic Four

Terrible quality. OMG! And was that not meant to be a wall mount? How shall that ever hold on the wall? This is borderline scam!
Themanwholaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:23 AM   #725
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

To be honest, it's actually good the wall backdrop piece isn't solid & super heavy, because it could cause leaning issues maybe years down the road. That's not really the issue, it's the crappy packaging.
VILE GUILE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2022, 10:26 AM   #726
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I’m going to cancel this, not feeling it right now, too much problems and paint seems not very good compared to the proto.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 11:10 AM   #727
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Cancelled mine today Just don't want the hassle of a likely issue upon delivery!!!
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 05:16 PM   #728
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
I?m going to cancel this, not feeling it right now, too much problems and paint seems not very good compared to the proto.
There's no issue with the paint. In fact most people who've received this in hand commend the paint quality. It's the high percentage of breakage that is ruining an otherwise, fantastic and rare piece.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:19 AM   #729
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I got my notice that mine is ready to ship, direct from Prime. I don't expect I'll see it for another 4-6 weeks.

Museum pose, jumped on the waitlist July 20th and it converted October 11th. Never expected that to happen to be honest. Let's hope mine arrives safely.

I did just receive my City Hunter Ex in perfect condition this week so there is hope.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 10:26 PM   #730
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by marker2037 View Post
I got my notice that mine is ready to ship, direct from Prime. I don't expect I'll see it for another 4-6 weeks.

Museum pose, jumped on the waitlist July 20th and it converted October 11th. Never expected that to happen to be honest. Let's hope mine arrives safely.

I did just receive my City Hunter Ex in perfect condition this week so there is hope.
Good luck, I'm holding onto my order for now as well. Thing already has a small ES. If mine survives without any damage, it will be worth even more lol.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote