Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-10-2022, 05:45 PM   #2061
terence dawn
Frackin!

Intriguing, it seems like there are both hit or miss in the community! I would say the lens distortion is definitely not innocent and we should always be cautious about the initial in-hand shots by collectors. But hey, just sharing with you guys who're waiting like me to be prepared for the parcel and help people on the fence to refer to, no one want to chase a skyrocketed-price piece afterwards when it gets widely praised/recognized. As a witcher line fan, honestly we don't get too many choice when it comes to 1/4, 1/3 statues. Not mentioning the Sideshow new release for a different target group (?), I'm quite interested to see if Purearts could offer any surprise given the license acquired.

Here is more in-hand shots (this time it's a Deluxe ver. with swappable heads) and probably the 1st unboxing video clip online! Hope you like it!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1tT...om=333.337.0.0
link to the 1/3 P1s Geralt production model unboxing,
(the clip provides more angles in detail and I would say head scuplts are decent enough for me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	276ad3224f4a20a47b4776decd529822730ed0cf.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	145468   Click image for larger version

Name:	06ac4903918fa0ec3a9e2e147b9759ee3c6ddbcf.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	267.8 KB
ID:	145469   Click image for larger version

Name:	c490b6fa513d26976c8a424408fbb2fb4216d8cf.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	286.8 KB
ID:	145470  
terence dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 05:54 PM   #2062
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Pure arts will be "Geralt on throne" from Blood and Wine. Can't throw the photo now but it's on pure arts instagram page. So another statue inspired by official art. Probably with winged monster. Probably pass cause i need some dynamic diorama thing but at least he is not wearing his standard armour
I assumed standard edition only geralt on throne and Deluxe with detlaff winged form.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:06 PM   #2063
terence dawn
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Pure arts will be "Geralt on throne" from Blood and Wine. Can't throw the photo now but it's on pure arts instagram page. So another statue inspired by official art. Probably with winged monster. Probably pass cause i need some dynamic diorama thing but at least he is not wearing his standard armour
I assumed standard edition only geralt on throne and Deluxe with detlaff winged form.
wow, that fast already! I agreed, definitely no more starter suit. Let's see what options we can get from them, hoping to also push P1S to care more about this line and work harder to deliver
Old 01-11-2022, 03:44 AM   #2064
ilsensine
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence dawn View Post
Intriguing, it seems like there are both hit or miss in the community! I would say the lens distortion is definitely not innocent and we should always be cautious about the initial in-hand shots by collectors. But hey, just sharing with you guys who're waiting like me to be prepared for the parcel and help people on the fence to refer to, no one want to chase a skyrocketed-price piece afterwards when it gets widely praised/recognized. As a witcher line fan, honestly we don't get too many choice when it comes to 1/4, 1/3 statues. Not mentioning the Sideshow new release for a different target group (?), I'm quite interested to see if Purearts could offer any surprise given the license acquired.

Here is more in-hand shots (this time it's a Deluxe ver. with swappable heads) and probably the 1st unboxing video clip online! Hope you like it!

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1tT...om=333.337.0.0
link to the 1/3 P1s Geralt production model unboxing,
(the clip provides more angles in detail and I would say head scuplts are decent enough for me.
Well, will withhold final judgment for more pics. Need full reveal on the PureArts as well.
ilsensine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:56 AM   #2065
Gekon
Blue Falcon

I don't need the full reveal, Geralt sitting in fancy cloths, drinking wine is not in my interest zone. Maybe it was good picture for a Blood and Wine DLC cover cause it depicts mood of this DLC, frankonian-like land, fancy cloths, big feasts with dancing and drinking wine but also vampires and mysteries. As a statue it means a little, at least for me. Witcher is mainly about fighting monters. But i'm ok that we at least have another choice. Maybe P1 will follow with some diorama () given that Netflix Witcher is doing relatively good.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 04:33 AM   #2066
Vendetta
The X-Men

$185 shipping from Sideshow to NJ for 1/3 Geralt DX… economy shipping from P1 would have been slightly cheaper, plus no sales tax (though a chance of customs fees).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 05:48 AM   #2067
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

So far this Witcher 1/3 is looking good. Already sold out for regular and low stock for DX. Aint nobody caring about anyone's opinions around here when this piece is aftermarket city. Translation. Looks like fans like it and may be gone soon.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 02:33 AM   #2068
terence dawn
Frackin!

my ordered 1/3 Geralt will arrive next week, after ca. 50 days economy shipping directly from P1S to Europe. Just watched NLS 4, such a bummer no news for alt look Triss, and it looks like we have to wait till autumn this year and hopefully it will be released then.
Old 05-03-2022, 01:27 AM   #2069
Vendetta
The X-Men

1/3 Geralt came today, and it it looks great. Two minor quibbles: the paint on the base could have more pop (especially the branches), and the severed heads obscure Geralt’s body a fair bit from some angles; an arm swap-out would have been cool. Still an awesome centerpiece for one’s Witcher collection.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 01:03 PM   #2070
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Tip for future buyers be very careful how you take the base out of the box. Do not pick it up using the big spikes as they were not fully casted along with the base but were added on afterwards. I picked mine up that way and loosened a couple of them. So try and avoid those when taking the base out. P1 did an oopsie and forgot to warn buyers about that in the instructions or their out-of-the box video.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inkedgeralt-of-rivia-deluxe-version_the-witcher-3-wild-hunt_gallery_5fc99fec9487e_LI.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	961.9 KB
ID:	149598  
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote