Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-22-2021, 03:37 AM   #21
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Fool me once, shame on you. Until I see the in-hand product I don't believe they'll pull off the paint app.
I've about come to the conclusion that 1/4 is just too small for a mass production Predator in current industry. There's a reason XM did a 1/3 and it wasn't just licensing.

Hope Prime1 is wearing their man panties because this will call down collectors that will have ABSOULTELY no mercy on crappy production.

A 1/2 or 1/2.5 could be even better.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 03:59 AM   #22
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I've about come to the conclusion that 1/4 is just too small for a mass production Predator in current industry. There's a reason XM did a 1/3 and it wasn't just licensing.

Hope Prime1 is wearing their man panties because this will call down collectors that will have ABSOULTELY no mercy on crappy production.
This. Shouldn't accept anything less than 85% of what we're seeing here, especially since the pricetag will likely fall close to $3K. Sloppy dots, dull and/or missing quills, and Sharpie veins have no place on this.

Hell, there are 1/6 Hot Toys Predators that don't have the problems we've seen on Prime 1's latest releases. I don't know how they've manged to stumble in places that smaller and cheaper products nailed, but it's time to knuckle up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Damn gotta be honest and say this is amazing ...If I were to get this I'd save the money and hang on until they show the shipped version to be safe.
Wonder what the ES will be -- and how soon they'll reveal it if they keep it secret at first. I don't want to miss out on this, but I also don't want to be left holding the bag if they screw it up.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:16 AM   #23
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hmm fair question guess it depends on price and shipping costs ...If they could do this like the prototype and keep the motto of better from factory than prototype like they originally had I think ppl would pay a high price...I feel better about cancelling the 1/4 now.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:24 AM   #24
Dundee
Hydra

Can't imagine this being a low ES. Very likely to exceed 1000, may even go as high as 1500, prime 1 would hold off announcing the ES for as long as possible to generate buzz and demand. They know this is the most popular and sought after predator so they will milk it fast, hard and dry.

Logically if most fans bought the 1/4, might also result in less fans buying the 1/3. Imo no need to rush to pre order until we get pics in hand (unless the ES is sub 500 which I highly doubt).

I do wonder how much this will cost, hopefully the locals have it in stock, can't imagine the cost to ship this big fella at standard shipping rates.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:31 AM   #25
Python
Omega Red

It looks like a lot of the details are similar to the 1/4, same damaged mask etc. I wish they had tweaked that. But in general it just looks like a much better version of the CM with a masked option which is crucial to me as I always go masks on with my statues. Looking forward to seeing more.

Really strange that they would reveal this now though, right as their other Jungle hunter is shipping and struggling to hold onto existing orders. I prefer aspects of each, but this one absolutely must have a better production and QC than their 1/4 version. They also need to figure out something for international shipping, or list it on Sideshow, otherwise a large percentage of their potential customers are basically just window shopping. Might have been a better option to put out Wolf or Celtic for now and get their 1/4 Jungle Hunter sorted before this, but what do I know....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:34 AM   #26
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Logically if most fans bought the 1/4, might also result in less fans buying the 1/3.
Unless they cancelled due to poor QC or outrageous shipping costs. Plus, as good as this prototype looks, after what we've seen, just how many people are willing to drop $2500-$3000 on a Predator statue with a massive ES?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It looks like a lot of the details are similar to the 1/4, same damaged mask etc. I wish they had tweaked that. But in general it just looks like a much better version of the with a masked option which is crucial to me as I always go masks on with my statues. Looking forward to seeing more.

Really strange that they would reveal this now though, right as their other Jungle hunter is shipping and struggling to hold onto existing orders. I prefer aspects of each, but this one absolutely must have a better production and QC than their 1/4 version. They also need to figure out something for international shipping, or list it on Sideshow, otherwise a large percentage of their potential customers are basically just window shopping. Might have been a better option to put out Wolf or Celtic for now and get their 1/4 Jungle Hunter sorted before this, but what do I know....
As the dust is settling from this announcement, I have to say I really do prefer the pose and base on the 1/4. If both statues were perfectly executed and the price was magically made to be the same, I'd take the 1/4 every time. So far, the 1/3 wins only because of the paint app -- or rather, the potential for the paint app to be better since we all know a prototype isn't a guarantee.

I imagine commissioning a full repaint of the 1/4 would cost at least $1K, so both could end up costing about the same if the 1/3 needs no further work done. Seems like we roll a dice either way.

My initial excitement about this has subsided and now I'm more curious than anything else. Not quite sure what to make of the situation. If these companies could just be consistent with their releases -- and QC -- I wouldn't have to change the plans for my setup every few months.
Old 05-22-2021, 04:44 AM   #27
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
Unless they cancelled due to poor QC or outrageous shipping costs. Plus, as good as this prototype looks, after what we've seen, just how many people are willing to drop $2500-$3000 on a Predator statue with a massive ES?
A higher ES doesn't bother me so long they nail the statue asthetically and accuracy wise. Come to think of it, I don't think this will exceed the ES of the 1/4 which is 1050.

I have a gut feeling it'll either be something like 666 or 870.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:51 AM   #28
Python
Omega Red

I just watched the video, this thing actually looks amazing. If we can secure this for a realistic price, I'm in and I'll likely cancel the 1/4 to get this.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 04:56 AM   #29
Blade3327
Nightwing

EDIT: Just realized that the nameplate isn't present in some of the videos. Does that mean it's removable and can be positioned on any side of the base?

Because this angle is money.
Old 05-22-2021, 05:23 AM   #30
jinkazama
Cobra Command

The cries of so many cancellations of the 1/4 Big Game Jungle Hunter can be heard with the announcement of the 1/3 87 Jungle Hunter......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote