Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #3381
Venzhe
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I need help from the more knowledgeable.

I was late to collecting this line but I am wondering about the release cadence so far. Based on the dates of this thread it started 2018? I started buying very late in 2019, so please correct my dates but my best guess is that the statues were released in:

Wolverine?
Magneto?
Mystique?
X-23?

Rogue
Psylocke
Juggernaut
Emma
Domino?

Cable?
Jean
Sabertooth
Colossus
Cyclops
Gambit (forthcoming)

I realize there are exceptional global circumstances, but I am still a little nervous that there is nothing on the docket for this line in 2021. A part of me hopes that we still see at least five more statues spread out between 2021 and 2022, but my sense from reading these forums is that Sideshow is more likely to just abruptly stop production of a line?

I am mainly a 1/6 scale collector and this is the first time I have dedicated myself to collecting a 1/4 line, largely because I really wanted X-Men represented in my collection and these 1/4 statues seemed like the best option in terms of quality and scale. But a part of me feels like I went the wrong way after watching a week of Sideshow shill for Iron Studios 1/10. (Although I only think the more recent IS reveals look good and all the earlier protos, especially on Sentinel 1, look really terrible for that price.)

Basically if there is no new reveal before or at this October’s “Sideshow Con New York,” then I am writing this line off as done. Are others thinking the same or am I being fatalistic?

P.S. My X-Men collection
Mystique
Emma (exclusive)
Magneto (exclusive)
Jean (exclusive)
Sabertooth
Colossus (exclusive)
Cyclops

Gambit (exclusive on preorder)
Rogue (on preorder for next batch)

I keep almost pulling the trigger on a Juggernaut payment plan. I also keep waiting for any news to materialize on this hyped up Wolverine variant, but I am leaning towards buying the currently available one.
Venzhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #3382
AC_808
Hercules

Giving it until October is being a bit fatalistic.

Since there are a lot of PFs and MAQs to be shipped yet, I say give it more time than that.

There's a lot more chances of teasers and reveals before the end of the year, so I wouldn't write off this line just yet.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:20 PM   #3383
AC_808
Hercules

Dupe
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:28 PM   #3384
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

If they made another Storm in her black outfit that is sexy as hell, I’ll buy it. I’m still waiting for an Xavier, Beast, Archangel, Mr. Sinister and Jubilee. After that, I am done with my X-men collection.

What I want is the remaining Fantastic Four and Avengers team to be made.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:29 PM   #3385
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Double :/
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:37 PM   #3386
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'm going to go out and say if no X-men are shown by 12 days of sideshow which is December then maybe be fatalistic at that point. But i don't think that will be the case, we have to get something by Spook.

I'm still holding out hope they intended to do Pyro/Blob/Toad, and other X-men to go with it.

If they don't do it, then definitely XM will beat them to the punch.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 03:38 PM   #3387
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Dupe

Last edited by moyiori; 07-29-2020 at 03:38 PM. Reason: dupe
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:04 PM   #3388
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Whoa. We are giving all the way to DECEMBER for no new X-Men to be shown. Unacceptable. Unthinkable.

And I think very soon SS will crank out a whole new line of the FF. They are picking up in comics and Doom is getting a LOT of love from the MCU film talks these days. Sadly, way more talk than rebooting the X-Men franchise.

However, if the casting rumor for Doom pans out - I am here for it.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #3389
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Second double in a row now...
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:26 PM   #3390
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
If they made another Storm in her black outfit that is sexy as hell, I’ll buy it. I’m still waiting for an Xavier, Beast, Archangel, Mr. Sinister and Jubilee. After that, I am done with my X-men collection.

What I want is the remaining Fantastic Four and Avengers team to be made.
I’d take all of those X-Men but I’d need Iceman and Bishop for my 90s roster display and Nightcrawler and classic Cyclops for my Claremont display. Havok and Pyro would be nice, too.

For Avengers I’m not sure who you consider remaining but for me most of the team I’d like to have is still remaining... Falcon, Quicksilver, Wasp, Wonder Man, War Machine, new versions of Scarlet Witch, Vision, Hawkeye and She-Hulk, modern Iron Man and classic Cap...they’d all join my Black Panther...whereas Black Widow and Hulk for a comic book Avengers roster aren’t important to me. Unlike X-Men I’m not going after a specific roster, just my personal picks.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote