Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 03-30-2014, 05:42 PM   #1
Bonacc
Frackin!

New to collecting need help!!

Hey guys! So I got a statue from my girlfriend on our anniversary and i'm hooked! I started researching and came across this forum and i cant believe how much i've missed. So bowen statues are incredible and was wondering where to start. Thanks guys
Bonacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Start with the characters you like the most.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:05 PM   #3
travis
A.I.M.

Bowen is the marvel king. If it's Marvel then Bowen is all you need. Look under the Bowen website at their past statues for you favorite marvel characters. Don't forget to have money/ credit/ debit cards. Cross your fingers that your spouse or loved one approves. If they approve then great. If not then you gotta start thinking of BS excuses to say. That's it for now... I think
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #4
El Pulento
The InJustice League

Welcome to the madness...... get only the ones you really want.. start up with busts, ministatues to get the feel to it... then... Bam!!!.. X-men vs Sentinel Dio 1... hahaha.. good luck dude!!
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #5
MLKViper1968
Doh!
Adamantium Plus Member

I am new as well . What I can tell you is . Figure out how much room you have to use in displaying your statues , then figure out how your are going to display them ( in a glass cases , shelves either mounted on the wall or book shelves secured to the wall ). I am only saying this because you can get carried away quickly in buying them . I went from 3 or 4 to 30 in 2 months . I am in the process of buying a house for me and them .
EBay is a good place to find deals on them . I usually bid on them , but every once and awhile a buy it now is low enough not to pass up . If you have favorite characters concentrate on them first and then buy others that interest you as you go .
Nothing sucks more than having a statue or statues that you can't display due to lack of room or case or shelf .
This is probably more than you were asking for .
Where to start ? Go to Bowen , they have a list of nearly every character they have produced . They are numbered 1- ..... what ever , in alphabetical order , so A is Page 1 then so on . Find statues you like then go to EBay or online sites and have fun hunting for the best deals . For me that is the fun and the challenge . Low production numbers are highly recommended , but not if you are just looking just to display .
Well that was my 2 cents . I hope I helped a little . Good Luck with your new Passion .
MLKViper1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:28 PM   #6
jsoex
Justice League

If you want more Bowen statues, then you can go to the Bowen Designs website and look through the hundreds of statues that they've released:

http://www.bowendesigns.com/category..._products.aspx

In addition to Bowen Designs, there are other popular statue companies as well (Sideshow, etc.). One thing to do is to look at the members' collection galleries to see all the different statues and how they're displayed, which will give you an idea as to how you want to build your collection:

http://www.statueforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=134

Seeing statue collections is especially helpful because it helps you see the size and overall look of statues, so I highly recommend looking through the collection pictures.
jsoex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #7
Sithlord32
New Republic

Take a gander through the collection threads as well it will give some good insight to whats out there. Just not mine cause I dont really collect much for Marvel
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
adee
Green Arrow

Marry your girlfriend so you can always blame her for starting you on this madness.

Welcome!
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #9
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Start with your favorite characters or teams. Create a priority list and try to stick to it.

When I first started collecting Bowens I wanted everything! I was buying characters I didn't even like just because it was a new release.
Old 03-30-2014, 11:43 PM   #10
bruiser72
Sinister Six

Cant agree more with the other posts, Start with your favorite characters. It is hard to stick with them because as you research you will see a lot of cool statues. Bowen and Sideshow seem to be the big hitters, just look on ebay to start seeing some of the options and peruse the forum to see what you may like. Everyone has their own tastes so I would look around, and welcome to the fun!
bruiser72 is offline   Reply With Quote