Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-11-2018, 12:20 AM   #1821
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by markuz30 View Post
Bowen managed to do an awesome Rogue flight pose with only a rod on her knee and so far mine has no leaning issues after so many years. Though it is only a small and light statue but my point is it, it is possible to do a flying pose as long as it is done and engineered correctly.
It’s not the same. It’s simple physics... try holding up a solid brick from the bottom(Bowen Rogue) and then from the side (SS Rogue).

If I were Sideshow I’d just add a second point of contact from the bottom just to be safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post

My concern with this piece, over other floating etc pieces, is that the centre of gravity / weight distribution is completely different with this Rogue piece, given that the attachment point is the arm rather then a point more or less directly below the figure.
. Yup exactly
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:22 AM   #1822
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Bowen managed to do an awesome Rogue flight pose with only a rod on her knee and so far mine has no leaning issues after so many years. Though it is only a small and light statue but my point is it, it is possible to do a flying pose as long as it is done and engineered correctly.
Bowen also did one with carnage on the wall and it bend over time.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:24 AM   #1823
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
My concern with this piece, over other floating etc pieces, is that the centre of gravity / weight distribution is completely different with this Rogue piece, given that the attachment point is the arm rather then a point more or less directly below the figure.
Just found out about this GL (by salt and pepper studios) a few weeks ago, pose is quite similar to rogues and seems its been around for awhile. Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaiYBKIux5M

If SS uses strong quality material i'm sure they could pull it off too.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:44 AM   #1824
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Though her stability is one of the main concerns in this particular statue, Rogue was a day 1 P.O. for me. I loved this statue, She's my no.1 among the X-ladies. There was never a moment where-in I have changed my mind about ordering her, regardless of the negative comments about her face, She is beautiful in my eyes and that's all that matters.
For me this rogue has one of the more interesting portraits in that i dislike it in a majority of the pics SS has up on there site, and while i liked most of the sdcc videos and pics of it, its behind glass, so i found it a bit difficult to gauge the detail, but i really like it here. If in hand it looks like this i'll probably buy it.

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #1825
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Nice sculpture but stupid design.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #1826
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I've loved this piece from day 1 (minus the fabric and EX head), but it simply makes me too nervous to place an order at this point in time.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:09 PM   #1827
fsdre
Mephisto

pulled the trigger on this one....let's go!!
fsdre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:18 PM   #1828
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Just found out about this GL (by salt and pepper studios) a few weeks ago, pose is quite similar to rogues and seems its been around for awhile. Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaiYBKIux5M

If SS uses strong quality material i'm sure they could pull it off too.

Great find and comparison!

It seems like Rogue is leaning forward a bit more than the more upright Hal, which could lead to more instability. But like you said, with strong/quality material, it could work.

Here's hoping SSC can pull this off and deliver a structurally sound product to the fans.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:54 PM   #1829
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
For me this rogue has one of the more interesting portraits in that i dislike it in a majority of the pics SS has up on there site, and while i liked most of the sdcc videos and pics of it, its behind glass, so i found it a bit difficult to gauge the detail, but i really like it here. If in hand it looks like this i'll probably buy it.

The dimmer pics helps a lot by making the face look not as bad as it is. It's actually ok. But not great. I just don't see a maquette in this. It's a pf with the exact same amount of things on the base as so many other pf's. The es is dece nt for this character though. I was expecting 2-3 times more for the es for the ex. Looks like es is shrinking a bit now with people buying less. Same goes for p1.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 01:31 PM   #1830
Spam Filter
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I said this back in the beginning and I'll say it again, the saw blade armature and her arm need to be one piece cast in metal. It can attach at the shoulder with a really strong magnet or a nice deep pin. The jacket will cover any seam.

If they run a rod through this, one of two things is going to happen. Either the rod will be too thin to support the weight and it will bend, or the rod will be too thick and somewhere right around the wrist or forearm area, the resin will be too thin around it and it will crack and splinter.
I'm in complete agreement with you, the arm needs to be all metal or this thing will not work.
Spam Filter is offline   Reply With Quote