Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #901
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
That's fine. I'd pay more for custom made eys.
same but looking at the other busts in this thread half eyes might work.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:30 PM   #902
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
on the contrary, the half circle eyes will work just fine and will be looking forward for the eye sockets on the Rex bust are looking forward.

here is mine from a straight on view and my WOLF eyes are half circles.

Humm..sorry to say this but the eyes on your doesn't work for both male and female. Chronicle have the references, we just need their artist to go with what it is and do tests. Off the shelf stuff just does not work if you want to get something right.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:32 PM   #903
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Humm..sorry to say this but the eyes on your doesn't work for both male and female. Chronicle have the references, we just need their artist to go with what it is and do tests. Off the shelf stuff just does not work if you want to get something right.
oh dayummmmmmmmmmmm.

custom it is ! bring it on.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #904
Python
Omega Red

Just to chip in and offer my opinion on the subject (I know you wouldn't sleep easy without knowing) I am of the opinion that, if I'm paying 5-600+ for a bust, or any kind of large scale statue really, I'd be more than happy to pay a bit more to cover the costs of acrylic eyes etc. I'm a Predator guy, I'm a sideshow fan and I own many of their pieces. But they have a bad habit of just painting lenses on masks etc, even at 1:2 and 1:1 scale and it never looks right. I do wish they would start using real lenses as it makes a world of difference, it really does. And it's the same deal with eyes. Now acrylic eyes aren't a standard in the hobby, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if they were painted, or even decals, certainly not a deal breaker by any means. But if the option is ever there, And I'm talking in general for any of your items, not just this... I say go for it.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:35 PM   #905
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
same but looking at the other busts in this thread half eyes might work.
The only way to find out is to do test fits.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #906
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I don't understand. What is wrong with the eyes of his bust?

to me it looks very close, I mean really close

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:37 PM   #907
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
That's fine. I'd pay more for custom made eys.
so would i. i would want quality over anything else. if that mean to pay a bit more im all for it.

Quote:
well, maybe so. and yes of course. i want things right. but as long as they are acrylic eyes and they have a realistic look to them and are the right color and details thats what im wanting. things im posting are just more for examples more than anything.

but i think the painted eyes will cheapen the look. wont look realistic at all once it is in hand, acrylic eyes do look real in hand..
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #908
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
The only way to find out is to do test fits.
well i posted my bust that has half circled eyes. they work. just look at the image i posted from a straight on view. the eyes are looking forward.
and i explained why they do in my previous post.

half eyes will work
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #909
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I don't understand. What is wrong with the eyes of his bust?

to me it looks very close, I mean really close

It's cool/ok that you don't understand. Most people doesn't even know how wrong this piece was pages back and saying they'll buy it. The off the shelf stuff would not work for so many reasons. I'll just leave it to the pros at Chronicle and if they need a help/fresh set of eyes to have a look see. We have people here really knows what they are talking about to help out.
Old 11-25-2015, 02:57 PM   #910
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Just to chip in and offer my opinion on the subject (I know you wouldn't sleep easy without knowing) I am of the opinion that, if I'm paying 5-600+ for a bust, or any kind of large scale statue really, I'd be more than happy to pay a bit more to cover the costs of acrylic eyes etc. I'm a Predator guy, I'm a sideshow fan and I own many of their pieces. But they have a bad habit of just painting lenses on masks etc, even at 1:3 and 1:1 scale and it never looks right. I do wish they would start using real lenses as it makes a world of difference, it really does. And it's the same deal with eyes. Now acrylic eyes aren't a standard in the hobby, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if they were painted, or even decals, certainly not a deal breaker by any means. But if the option is ever there, And I'm talking in general for any of your items, not just this... I say go for it.