Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 09-13-2006, 01:24 AM   #11
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
I didn't imagine it was that big. How about some comparison pics? Do either of you guys have a chrome Colossus FS by BD? I'd love to see those two side by side.
I WISH I had a chrome Collossus FS by Bowen! I guess you'd call that one of my long-term goals, that and a Bowen FS Dark Phoenix. But I've got too many other projects going on right now.

Here's how the chrome Astonishing Collossus compares with the other Astonishing busts. He's a really big bust, especially compared to Kitty next to him!

Here's how he compares to the FS Phoenix H20 Bowen and the Astonishing chrome Wolverine bust:

A big guy! Like I said, I love this chrome Colossus. I just need to add a chrome Bowen FS to my collection, too.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:31 AM   #12
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
I love my Chrome Astonishing Colossus. For a bust, that thing takes up some space! It's among my favorites.
I don't really care about the original Astonishing Colossuse, but the Chromed one kick butt.
I gotta say the Colossus Memorial Bust is still THE BEST Colossus sculpt out there! A must have for Colossus fan
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 01:34 AM   #13
riderV3

Quote:
Here's how he compares to the FS Phoenix H20 Bowen and the Astonishing chrome Wolverine bust:
The chromed claws make this Wolvie a totally different piece, AMAZING!!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:36 AM   #14
rilynil

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderV3 View Post
I don't really care about the original Astonishing Colossuse, but the Chromed one kick butt.
I gotta say the Colossus Memorial Bust is still THE BEST Colossus sculpt out there! A must have for Colossus fan
Don't I know it! I've never seen one in person, but I've seen that big sono***un on eBay. Now THAT's a huge bust! But the only ones I've seen on eBay (which aren't many) have been about $250. One of these days, I'm going to have to buy one when I've got the extra funds. I love the look of that bust, if only I could find one
Old 09-13-2006, 01:39 AM   #15
rilynil

Quote:
The chromed claws make this Wolvie a totally different piece, AMAZING!!
I agree. That's a great Wolvie IMO, although he does seem to have a bit of a tan
Old 09-13-2006, 01:48 AM   #16
rilynil

Quote:
Don't I know it! I've never seen one in person, but I've seen that big sono***un on eBay.
In my country (the USA), "son of a gun" is not a cuss word! I don't know why the forum automatically bleeped me! that's too funny!
Old 09-13-2006, 01:57 AM   #17
riderV3

Quote:
In my country (the USA), "son of a gun" is not a cuss word! I don't know why the forum automatically bleeped me! that's too funny!
You know what? I think the word system trying to block is f-a-g...
Don't tell me you don't know this word, it's a very disrespectful for homosexual male... bad bad bad.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:00 AM   #18
rilynil

Quote:
You know what? I think the word system blocked is f-a-g...
Don't tell me you don't know this word, it means homosexual male... bad bad bad.
I should have been able to figure that one out! Duh! That's probably a sign I need to go to bed
Old 09-13-2006, 02:12 AM   #19
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Thanks for the pics, rilynil. They look pretty nice all together, and especially on those sweet risers. I need to pick me up some of those babies. The pic of him next to Phoenix gives me a pretty good size comparison, since I do have her. I'll definitely look for a deal on this Colossus eventually to go with my BD FS Chromie version.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:11 AM   #20
bjread
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian View Post
Thanks for the pics, rilynil. They look pretty nice all together, and especially on those sweet risers. I need to pick me up some of those babies. The pic of him next to Phoenix gives me a pretty good size comparison, since I do have her. I'll definitely look for a deal on this Colossus eventually to go with my BD FS Chromie version.
I actually got my Astonishing Chrome Colossus for $52 + shipping ($10). I've watched them as they pop up (and will grab another for a good price to pass on to other boardies).....but the last one went for $86 + shipping.....I just happened to nail it on the right day
bjread is offline   Reply With Quote