Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 AM   #31
GangstaRoranous
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I would LOVE to get this but I just don't think I could drop that much money on it. As nice as it is, I could buy a lot more. Who ever does get this I bet they will be very happy with it. However, in this case I am going to go with quantity over quality. I could get 5.71 Lord of Darkness PF's for that opening bid.
GangstaRoranous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #32
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

Paul Moore’s talents are amazing you will not be disappointed at all. The amount of time that Paul places into the Barbarian or any statue for that matter is insane no 2 are alike, and his focus to detail brings out subtle details that were not present in the original painting. It is honestly well worth every penny (A lot of pennies ) the Hi-Res pictures do show the vast amount of detail, but when it is displayed in front of you the beauty of the work truly shines it leaves me speechless each time I look at any of them. I own 4 of his re-paints, 2 of them are the Barbarians one is painted similar to this one on auction the other is the full nude which he is still working on, and recently he finished PITT & Timmy for me as well.
Zoyvod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:23 PM   #33
Statuesmatchoos
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoyvod View Post
Paul Moore’s talents are amazing you will not be disappointed at all. The amount of time that Paul places into the Barbarian or any statue for that matter is insane no 2 are alike, and his focus to detail brings out subtle details that were not present in the original painting. It is honestly well worth every penny (A lot of pennies ) the Hi-Res pictures do show the vast amount of detail, but when it is displayed in front of you the beauty of the work truly shines it leaves me speechless each time I look at any of them. I own 4 of his re-paints, 2 of them are the Barbarians one is painted similar to this one on auction the other is the full nude which he is still working on, and recently he finished PITT & Timmy for me as well.
Thank you for those kind words Herman. I'm glad you like what I've done for you. Your Barabarian AP is coming along nicely. I'll be emailing you later tonight with an update.
Statuesmatchoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 07:56 PM   #34
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

If i lived in the US of A still, i'd bid on it right now. Problem now is, i sure don't fancy having it declared at it's full value, paying almost 25% in import taxes but at the same if that piece got lost of damaged...you see the dilemma.

When we move back to LA, i have to get one of these by Paul and somehow i will. I wont rest 'til i do

Wonder what he charges for a custom p-job on a Barbarian...
Poisonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:45 AM   #35
Poisonous
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Well, it sold for US $3,450.00, GRATS Paul! It's worth it i'm sure

Didn't bid, to much coming including the SS Yoda bust that cought me by surprise with it's 2nd shipment coming in soon. Really want a Paul custom some day though.
Poisonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:33 AM   #36
HardHeroine
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentleMidget View Post
If i lived in the US of A still, i'd bid on it right now. Problem now is, i sure don't fancy having it declared at it's full value, paying almost 25% in import taxes but at the same if that piece got lost of damaged...you see the dilemma.

When we move back to LA, i have to get one of these by Paul and somehow i will. I wont rest 'til i do

Wonder what he charges for a custom p-job on a Barbarian...
same here. almost 25% import taxes for orders from the U.S.

makes the hobby more expensive than it already is

what he did in my case, was declaring it as a gift, and wow, I had to tell the customs officer a whole tale to prove that ... finally I came through without paying a cent
HardHeroine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:43 PM   #37
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuesmatchoos View Post
Thank you for those kind words Herman. I'm glad you like what I've done for you. Your Barabarian AP is coming along nicely. I'll be emailing you later tonight with an update.
Congrats Paul on the sale it will be a great addition to the winniners collection the Death dealer was just as amazing. I look forward to dealing with you for many years.
Zoyvod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #38
Portugueezer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardHeroine View Post
same here. almost 25% import taxes for orders from the U.S.

makes the hobby more expensive than it already is
what he did in my case, was declaring it as a gift, and wow, I had to tell the customs officer a whole tale to prove that ... finally I came through without paying a cent
35% import taxes here....... Over the total of the package!! In other words :35% over package AND shipping!!!!
Anyway, congrats Paul!!
Portugueezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:20 PM   #39
ComputerFly
The Phantom

ROCK ON PM!!! Congrats on that auction! All it takes is 2...
ComputerFly is offline   Reply With Quote