Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #1
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Batman on Batsignal statue, anyone seen it?

Anyone seen this one in person?

Batman on batsignal
Old 11-22-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I have. It is very good but very much a big piece of vinyl. By far one of the best Batman Begins suit pieces out there. The face is not perfect (as far as reflecting Bale) however the suit is accurate and the piece is fairly large and dynamic.

I have the TDK one and really like it but as I stated they do have a very plastic/vinyl aura to them. They need to "cheated" into a dispay with some traditional ceramic/polystone sculpts to help work them in.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:55 PM   #3
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Thanks for the feedback. I really like the pose on this piece, which is what first interested me in the piece. Wish they had done this piece in resin.
Old 11-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #4
dr_teng

I've seen it, it's not bad in person. The pose is the best part and I've seen it on sale a bunch of times. If I were interested in more than one Batman suit from the movies (I already have the Hot Toys figure from TDK), I'd probably get it at some point.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:33 PM   #5
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

#3, i have this piece. Its really quite awesome. I did start a picture thread on this when I had him on hand sometime last year. Its buried somewhere on the forums. The pics dont do him justice, cos I can't take good pics. haha. Someone did do a custom base in the painters corner for him, and it rocks my socks off. You should check it out!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:14 AM   #6
SiMo
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Yeah - that was me. I have it too, but I did not think it is very good in person. Kotobukiya did a good job on most parts of the Batman TDK "Original Suit" kit, but I definately did not like the head.

So I made a complete new head and as I was already working on it Imodified the pose so now he can perch on a flat building.
I made one of wood and apoxie sculpt... and then I gave a new paintjob to Bats, the bluish-shiny one on the original kit is not as authentic as it wish it to be.

Thanks for the flowers, jolly.
SiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:17 AM   #7
jollyskeleton
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

are there you are SiMo! I couldnt recall your username! Ladies and Gents, SiMo in the house Your paint job remains super phenomenal!
jollyskeleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #8
msisaac
A day without sunshine is like... night.

@nbr3bagshotrow -

I realize this thread is a few days old, but if you haven't purchased this statue yet, do so. It's fantastic! I have it sitting next to The Dark Knight version, and they look great together. I usually don't like the vinyl statues, but these are pretty damn good. The only gripe I have is the flimsy, empty plastic base. You have to be careful when mounting the statue on the base and don't press too hard or you might crack the spotlight.

The Batman Begins version and The Dark Knight version are companion pieces that are meant to be displayed side-by-side. They're roughly the same height and their capes fly up in opposite directions, forming an abstract bat shape. It's a cool effect.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink
msisaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:55 PM   #9
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I have the Dark Knight version. I'm happy with it. I didn't realize that it mates with the Begins version. Looks nice.
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 02:46 AM   #10
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

SiMo That's an incredible job you did on this piece!! I too own the statue, but your reworking and paint job make it sooo much nicer.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote