Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #301
kolektan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I dislike the sculpt on the IS. it is not clean. just look at the fingers and the lines on the helmet; they are not sharp enough.
what I do love is the expression on the mouth. it suits logan better, I guess, than XM one where his lower jaw hangs outward. and the harness... ah, I wish they could do without it.
kolektan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:25 PM   #302
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I think Weapon X is one big challenge for XM. The skin tone will have to be on point, since it´s the statue with more skin area to paint that they have ever done, it can make or break it. But it´s the one I have been most curious about since they revealed the concept, really hope to see some news and the prototype soon.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:58 PM   #303
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolektan View Post
I dislike the sculpt on the IS. it is not clean. just look at the fingers and the lines on the helmet; they are not sharp enough.
what I do love is the expression on the mouth. it suits logan better, I guess, than XM one where his lower jaw hangs outward. and the harness... ah, I wish they could do without it.
The harness is used to hide the seams on the arms. It's there for a reason and its not like it does not work. They have to be creative with how they hide the seams and that was the best way to do it.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 04:49 AM   #304
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

I personally never owned the Iron Studios piece but I do have high hopes for the XM version since I have it on PO and how many weapon x's can someone have really? I mean if I had money to piss away sure I would buy them all but I have to be picky with my statues due to money and space so I went with XM's since I can trust they will produce a masterpiece. There is alot riding on this Weapon X, it's not just some no name character, this is where it all began with Wolverine and it deserve extreme attention to detail so customers are happy with what they get.

Nothing again IS but I just have my opinion and nobody should be offended by it. You guys see it one way and I see it another way and no way in hell will I support a Brazilian company over an Argentinian artist most of you won't ever understand why but I have my reasons and you have to come from South America to understand the reasons why.

So I choose Daniel Bel because he is a great artist and I have roots from the country he is from. My support goes to him over anybodies version of Weapons X and that includes Sideshow if they ever made one.

Daniel Bel + XM Studios = Masterpiece
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:39 AM   #305
WolverineFan
I am da law!

What statues did Daniel Bel make for xm studios so far? I usually don't pay attention to the artist that makes the statue, it's usually as simple as I like and I buy lol
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:56 AM   #306
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
What statues did Daniel Bel make for xm studios so far? I usually don't pay attention to the artist that makes the statue, it's usually as simple as I like and I buy lol
Bel did black panther, electro, iron fist, weapon X
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 01:46 PM   #307
Unknown Hero
Justice League

After seeing the paint on the IS one, there is no comparison imo. I'm usually not a fan of huge bases but with weapon x it's crucial to the story.
Unknown Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 12:35 AM   #308
ryanrocks
Frackin!

Daniel Bel is one of best sculptors out there. Every sculpt he made is mind blowing. No wonder most of my XM favorites are coming from him
ryanrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:58 AM   #309
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

This thing has to be ready by STGCC. Printed, Painted and ready to wow.

XM is making some really nice pieces but after Cable and Venom they really ain't going to wow anybody character wise until this bad boy comes out.
Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:23 AM   #310
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Instinct View Post
This thing has to be ready by STGCC. Printed, Painted and ready to wow.

XM is making some really nice pieces but after Cable and Venom they really ain't going to wow anybody character wise until this bad boy comes out.
I beg your pardon! I have certainly been wowed by a whole slew of XM statues. Lizard, Iron Fist, Kingpin, Beta Ray Bill, Classic Iron Man. I actually like the Brown Wolverine coming out for XM more than Weapon X. Optimus, Magneto, Dark Phoenix, Storm....oh the list is long for great characters that will wow...long indeed!!! There's this certain mobile dude that is going to make some go .....coming soon to a theater near you.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote