Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 01-21-2024, 05:59 PM   #31
Jon_Boston_83
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevGuy View Post
Weta?s classic series is nice but a little disappointing. They started off with a bang with Gandalf the Grey with determined expression and lovely flowing robes. Everything after that was so much less dynamic.

What Weta statues do you collect?
I think the point of the classic series is to be more simple. I prefer the individual character statues to be more static, I don?t like super hero poses or flowing robes. Diorama statues that depict a scene are different.

I?ve been collecting since the Sideshow/Weta days in 2002. My aim was to have every major character, creature, and environment represented. I had to wait until Weta went it alone but I?m pretty much there now. Love dioramas too.
Jon_Boston_83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 08:56 PM   #32
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I like dioramas. But I don't buy every diorama, so I don't buy lines. I love the 1/6 BDS , but only have the Batman vs Bane, and I'm hunting down the Superman and the Magneto ones too.i have a small space and a small budget, so I try to be selective with what I buy.

I like some of their 1/10 dioramas but decided not to go down that rabbit hole
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 10:30 PM   #33
DevGuy
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Boston_83 View Post
I think the point of the classic series is to be more simple. I prefer the individual character statues to be more static, I don?t like super hero poses or flowing robes. Diorama statues that depict a scene are different.

I?ve been collecting since the Sideshow/Weta days in 2002. My aim was to have every major character, creature, and environment represented. I had to wait until Weta went it alone but I?m pretty much there now. Love dioramas too.
Yes, but Gandalf is the first from the classic line and it is superior to each statue that has followed.

EDIT: Also, the complexion is off on all of them, most noticeably on Galadriel. They are all really orange.
DevGuy is offline   Reply With Quote