Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #541
ambasah
Red Skull

I love "statues" as much as the next guy, but mixed media is also very cool in my opinion. XM could grow their market share by catering to both camps.

Also, please hound Disney for the star wars license! I would love to see what you guys come up with, expecially since Ep.7 is only 1 year away!
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:28 AM   #542
Tavegg
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Only for the first 3 statues in particular. Being our first roll out, we had to fly to the production factory once every 2 weeks to set the standards, quality and expectations right - we're also paying the factories more than market rates because we only want the best quality. After spending considerable time showing the production line how we paint and do stuff, we've worked out a deal with the factories that we want the same team, same people working on our stuff to ensure consistency instead of changing teams all the time.

Admittedly, these all took awhile to set up but we'd rather delay and ship out good stuff, than rush out bad stuff.

Hold on to your horses though, Capt is certainly out and on its way as we speak!
This is awesome. Sounds like you guys really have it together. I love that XM is trying to cater to its buyers. Just the fact that you openly take suggestions and make changes based on feedback puts you in a class all of your own. Add the meticulous attention to quality control and this company is going to be an all out win. Hopefully other companies can take note and learn how true customer appreciation works. I am looking forward to all of your future releases. Keep up the good work
Tavegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:00 AM   #543
wanderlai
The Tick

So when will be see more New Magneto images?
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:04 AM   #544
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I love "statues" as much as the next guy, but mixed media is also very cool in my opinion. XM could grow their market share by catering to both camps.

Also, please hound Disney for the star wars license! I would love to see what you guys come up with, expecially since Ep.7 is only 1 year away!
and if they do indeed get the Star Wars license. its crucial that XM pays attention to detail and does film accurate in design and proportions for all the characters. OT PT and the ST.

hopefully its not a stipulation of the license contract they they cant do film accurate pieces. thats what the fans want. things need to be film accurate when it comes to SW pieces. PERIOD!
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #545
ambasah
Red Skull

yeah, those star wars fans are nuts!
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #546
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

that we are

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:09 PM   #547
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Only for the first 3 statues in particular. Being our first roll out, we had to fly to the production factory once every 2 weeks to set the standards, quality and expectations right - we're also paying the factories more than market rates because we only want the best quality. After spending considerable time showing the production line how we paint and do stuff, we've worked out a deal with the factories that we want the same team, same people working on our stuff to ensure consistency instead of changing teams all the time.

Admittedly, these all took awhile to set up but we'd rather delay and ship out good stuff, than rush out bad stuff.

Hold on to your horses though, Capt is certainly out and on its way as we speak!

Bravo!! Your efforts toward making sure you put out the best status possible are most appreciated and very refreshing in this industry. You will have very many long term and happy customers if you can deliver on this with every release. I am so excited to see what awesome statues you guys are going to be bringing to this hobby.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 11:20 PM   #548
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
If you guys ever acquire the G1 Transformers License, I will personally donate money to XM STudios.....hint hint!!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:39 AM   #549
dao2
Cyclops

I'd have serious doubts about the ability to get the SW license, but if they could that'd be epic and I'd def buy assuming it's up to the high standards already posted.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #550
slug
Frackin!

the sketch for ant-man is very cool
slug is offline   Reply With Quote