Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2017, 06:29 AM   #511
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
You know what is so Fu k up about this & the absurd pricing for this; only 2 years ago, the Lobo and Dawg PF Bundle was $665. The shere size, detail and worth compared to this is astounding.

I could care less about rising prices that Ssc has claimed or how detail it is to justified the $675. To me, it's an excuse and pure greed by this company. This is borderline price gouging at its best.
Nothing borderline about it. It's full-on elbow deep fist up the a$$ gouging. But that's life. She'll sell.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:48 AM   #512
ukshaun
Hercules

With all the fuss being made over price, it's telling that collectors want her bad.
If the production piece turns out just like the prototype, then Lady Deadpool will be worth every cent.
When she sells out, you know you'll wished you have moved sooner
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:56 AM   #513
Finisher
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
With all the fuss being made over price, it's telling that collectors want her bad.
If the production piece turns out just like the prototype, then Lady Deadpool will be worth every cent.
So many statues coming... so few space.
I think you are wrong, as even reselling such
unknown characters will be hard with this market-saturation.

Look at XM: The "XM Hype" seems over. You can see many many guys trying to get rid of their (very) expensive statues at ebay
and different forums; and they (mostly) fail to get even the paid price.

People get very "picky" now.
Finisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:30 AM   #514
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
So many statues coming... so few space.
I think you are wrong, as even reselling such
unknown characters will be hard with this market-saturation.

Look at XM: The "XM Hype" seems over. You can see many many guys trying to get rid of their (very) expensive statues at ebay
and different forums; and they (mostly) fail to get even the paid price.

People get very "picky" now.
I do sense the XM Hype might be lowering, as i have spotted statues such as She-Hulk on ebay for good prices. Those that buy to keep i would guess are happy, as XM deliver high quality, admittedly at a high price. I own 1x XM statue (Ms Marvel) and it's a keeper. I'm tempted by Catwoman on a Motorbike, as it kinda different. Witchblade and Magdalena both appear have their issues, although they are sold out. XM statues appear to move faster than SideShow. That could be because SideShow in some case, SideShow make high numbers available.
Old 08-16-2017, 11:52 AM   #515
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Not really. I don't collector Star Wars or Harry Potter or Lord of the Ring.
I collect comic statues and an occasional movie character. I could care less about Lady Deadpool.
This does not mean I lost all common sense and think what they are and have started selling pieces for is rational or worth it. Teach each is own. Just remember- you can't stop stupid.
Unfortunately, this hobby has gotten stupid.

It's fun to hear newer collectors on here. Talking about guys crying or not being able to afford these statues. It has nothing to do with affordability. It's more to do with value, principle, and common sense.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 12:06 PM   #516
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Not really. I don't collector Star Wars or Harry Potter or Lord of the Ring.
I collect comic statues and an occasional movie character. I could care less about Lady Deadpool.
This does not mean I lost all common sense and think what they are and have started selling pieces for is rational or worth it. Teach each is own. Just remember- you can't stop stupid.
Unfortunately, this hobby has gotten stupid.

It's fun to hear newer collectors on here. Talking about guys crying or not being able to afford these statues. It has nothing to do with affordability. It's more to do with value, principle, and common sense.
Where do you stand with regards to Prime 1
Old 08-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #517
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Prime 1 for the most part, has been selling their 1:3 lines around or at the new SS standard 1:4 price margin. Lately with P1 it still seems so, unless it a bigger (literally) character. Example Mr Freeze.

As far as P1 1:4 goes- I have not seen any in person yet but do think the prices are too high.

For as much heat as this might stir-
There is nothing special about generic looking pieces being pumped out by digital artists. IMO- I can respect digital art- but if you want a high price for that replicated statue- it better have blood sweat and tears put into it(meaning hand sculpted).
I respect it. I can't draw a box for grapes sake. But there is a massive difference between the two styles. I don't want the- well these new sculpting tools work just like doing it by hand-NO. It's BS.
It gives people that don't have the time and or resources a way to enjoy the art and hobby of sculpting.

I compare this to my other hobbies and passions. Just like guitars pedals and amps- The market flies high then bottoms out, the. Crawls back to normal

I'm telling ya- patience is our friend

Let the impulse buyers do us a favor and sell us their statues later down the road for hundreds less because these companies screwed up and overpriced the over saturated market.
Old 08-16-2017, 01:54 PM   #518
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:

I am a new collector, I have started to collect statues this year, and I am now the lucky owner of 4 of them ha ha ha. I collect since a long time old tin toys from the 50's, mint in box. As a collector, I only must answer 2 questions:
- Do I really love this statue or toy
- Am I ready to pay eventually more than its value.
For this second question, the answer is NO concerning Lady Deadpool. The answer will be YES for the Red Sonja.
If you want to collect but cry easily, don't collect.
If you want to collect thinking that the value of your collection will grow up in the next decade, don't collect.
If you want to collect to sell your statues in a few years to Ryanbusts with a big discount, well, do what you want. But don't cry.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:02 PM   #519
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

I don't see anyone here crying.

You got a smart mouth there tough guy.

Don't wanna discuss something- read on
Old 08-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #520
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
You know what is so Fu k up about this & the absurd pricing for this; only 2 years ago, the Lobo and Dawg PF Bundle was $665. The shere size, detail and worth compared to this is astounding.

I could care less about rising prices that Ssc has claimed or how detail it is to justified the $675. To me, it's an excuse and pure greed by this company. This is borderline price gouging at its best.
Quote:
Damn skippy!

Huge cost increase for consumers with NO improvements at all. Same mediocre QC and packaging. Rarely a set ES. It goes on. Bottom line is- these things ain't worth the price. Not with high ES and starting prices.
Hope the new head hipster honchos at Sideshow enjoy milking the Disney cash cow.
Heck. I can't complain anymore. Let the new collectors/ movie fans go out and impulse buy these overpriced replicas. Some of us will wait and buy them later at a big discount.
I have to agree with both of you.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote