Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-16-2015, 11:47 PM   #221
demonhunter
Kingpin

It's not a Flat Ass.

That's a well toned ass, and I find it beautiful.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:16 AM   #222
neomatrix99
What's another word for Thesaurus?

My thing is how can it be available October of this year when it has not even gone up for PO.
neomatrix99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 01:31 AM   #223
scoobysnax
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

love it. however they may as well not ship it with that second portrait. It looks terrible the way it is now with the googly eyes
scoobysnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:32 AM   #224
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysnax View Post
love it. however they may as well not ship it with that second portrait. It looks terrible the way it is now with the googly eyes
Yeah, something about the short haired portrait looks... off.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:56 AM   #225
Naru
Mephisto

Yeah its interesting to see.. I think Koto has made some very strange choices in their Rogue and the recent Juggernaut. A short haired portrait who I'm almost sure 99% of the buyers won't use and the removable Juggernaut helmet which is again pointless.
I think maybe they could keep the retail on her a little lower too not including the extra head. So you don't pay for something you're not really gonna use.
Would've been worth considering.
Naru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #226
Hanky Panky
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
It's not a Flat Ass.

That's a well toned ass, and I find it beautiful.
My thoughts exactly brutha!

Maybe Koto should replace the alternate head with an alternate Minaj butt option instead?
Hanky Panky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #227
Jokerbone
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naru View Post
A short haired portrait who I'm almost sure 99% of the buyers won't use and the removable Juggernaut helmet which is again pointless.
The removable juggernaut helmet was probably done to add depth from his face to the helmet. It probably didn't HAVE to be done but it's understandable what they might have tried to go for. It doesn't bother me that much though, but I can also understand why people would question it. My only gripe about the juggernaut is that it has to be displayed on a top shelf to fully appreciate the piece. The top down view when its on a lower shelf doesn't do it justice.

As for this Rogue, looks awesome to me. Glad to finally be getting the last piece to the blue strike force (if you count Sosa's Beast from Bowen). I didn't LOVE the piece at first, but seeing it this time around has gotten me amped up for the release!

Things have kind of been quiet on the statue front for me since I really only focus on the 1/6th scale, but the new pictures got me excited again. It's going to be an awesome year between Wolverine, Carnage, and Rogue.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the X-Force Archangel sculpt is there. Why not just rehash it with a new base and paint? Definitely would save some time from a new project standpoint, and I think that sculpt was phenomenal. I just don't have the level of comfort in having these works of art repainted and changed from the original design intent.
Jokerbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 02:31 PM   #228
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerbone View Post
The removable juggernaut helmet was probably done to add depth from his face to the helmet. It probably didn't HAVE to be done but it's understandable what they might have tried to go for. It doesn't bother me that much though, but I can also understand why people would question it. My only gripe about the juggernaut is that it has to be displayed on a top shelf to fully appreciate the piece. The top down view when its on a lower shelf doesn't do it justice.

As for this Rogue, looks awesome to me. Glad to finally be getting the last piece to the blue strike force (if you count Sosa's Beast from Bowen). I didn't LOVE the piece at first, but seeing it this time around has gotten me amped up for the release!

Things have kind of been quiet on the statue front for me since I really only focus on the 1/6th scale, but the new pictures got me excited again. It's going to be an awesome year between Wolverine, Carnage, and Rogue.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but the X-Force Archangel sculpt is there. Why not just rehash it with a new base and paint? Definitely would save some time from a new project standpoint, and I think that sculpt was phenomenal. I just don't have the level of comfort in having these works of art repainted and changed from the original design intent.
I agree.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #229
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokerbone View Post
I had a hard time with that as well, but there are ways to rationalize it. A large edition size helps. You're modifying one statue out of 3000+. Even easier if it's a high edition number. The best justification is when you happen on a damaged statue. Then why not give it a brand new facelift? That was the case with my Archangel.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #230
AC_808
Hercules

Pics of her are looking good so far! I hope the production version matches these prototypes as well.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote