Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 06-15-2014, 05:52 AM   #121
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I know everyone's financial situation is different, but pre-ordering now makes a lot of sense especially if you want the Exclusive! I've opted for their payment scheme, and they're not charging cards until the statue is ready to ship.

The other reason to NOT sit on the fence! Gaming Heads needs to know that this line will sell well, forum jibba jabba excitement is all good, but money is the lifeblood of the system!!! Sideshow had their chance and they royally f'd it up, probably to the point where those a-holes will interpret the bad sales as a lack of interest in the line rather than any poor judgement on their part.

Regardless, it looks like GH is doing this right! So by supporting we prove to them (and SS) that there is massive interest and its worth them pumping out more characters. Who knows, if GH is successful, it might be the wake up call that SS needs to reevaluate their stance on Mass Effect (a bit like the battle between GG and SS over Marvel)......competition is never bad.
You definitely make a lot of good points. And it's also really important to point out for people who don't already know, that Gaming Heads DO NOT charge non-refundable deposits on their items. So if it comes to shipping time, you can cancel with no penalty. But ordering now means you are guaranteed not to miss out. Win-win IMO.

Also, I noticed that the reg was listed as 'Sold Out' on the official Bioware store already. I wonder how many they were allocated that they sold out so quickly? They were either very popular, or they didn't have that many to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge Hammer! View Post
It'd be good if they had a website that allowed you to easily view what you've put in your cart if you leave that page after adding something....

Seriously though, they do need a web overhaul, and quite badly.

On the upside, for us international peeps, their quoted shipping costs are very reasonable.
Agreed, their website needs an overhaul. And I wish they would start putting out a bi-weekly newsletter or something with general info, teasers, competitions, etc. At the moment you only get a newsletter when something new is already up for order. I guess they are still new and sorting a lot of this stuff out. As you mentioned though, their shipping is very reasonable for us international customers.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #122
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

You guys have definitely peaked my interest even more with this no money down ( or refundable deposit or whatever you want to call it) and pay when it ships talk.
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:22 PM   #123
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadicalThrasher View Post
EDIT: Plus I see MrYac is interested, so that seals the deal!
haha, not only is he my hands down favorite character from the entire Mass Effect universe but he's pretty high on my favorite video game characters of all time list
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #124
RadicalThrasher
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
haha, not only is he my hands down favorite character from the entire Mass Effect universe but he's pretty high on my favorite video game characters of all time list
Oh yeah, this guy is that cool? I do really like the look of this guy. Well Yac we seem to agree on most things cartoon related, I dont play video games as much as I'd like nowadays, so eventually I'll have to check this series out. As for this statue, I think I'm going to order it as soon as I get the funds intact. Did you PO this yet?
RadicalThrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #125
MrYac
Hercules

it's a great set of games they really give you the time and the opportunity to really get a connection with the characters you meet, Garrus for me was the best of the bunch when all was said and done he genuinely felt like Sheppard's best friend in the whole damn universe which is a connection i can't say I've ever really gotten from another set of video game characters...... Plus he's a badass sniper space bug so ya know he's also got that going for him

As for ordering sadly not, I know I say this so much it's probably lost all meaning but I am so broke. the stuff I have on preorder is probably going to be the only big stuff I buy for quite awhile, so i'm hoping Garrus stays available for a bit longer.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:48 AM   #126
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Gaming Heads just announced on Facebook that they've received approval for their next statue in the Mass Effect line. They didn't mention what it is, so let the speculation begin!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Tali, since they already mentioned her and she'd be a great companion piece for Garrus.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 02:34 PM   #127
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
it's a great set of games they really give you the time and the opportunity to really get a connection with the characters you meet, Garrus for me was the best of the bunch when all was said and done he genuinely felt like Sheppard's best friend in the whole damn universe which is a connection i can't say I've ever really gotten from another set of video game characters...... Plus he's a badass sniper space bug so ya know he's also got that going for him

As for ordering sadly not, I know I say this so much it's probably lost all meaning but I am so broke. the stuff I have on preorder is probably going to be the only big stuff I buy for quite awhile, so i'm hoping Garrus stays available for a bit longer.
Whatever you have on order.....unless it's StarCraft...... Just drop it......OK, Elder Scrolls is also cool.......but other than those two......just drop em' and get into the Mass Effect groove.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:10 PM   #128
Luminous
Cyclops

I agree. You clearly need Garrus in your collection.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 PM   #129
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Whatever you have on order.....unless it's StarCraft...... Just drop it......OK, Elder Scrolls is also cool.......but other than those two......just drop em' and get into the Mass Effect groove.
haha, problem is the stuff I have on order has already been paid for (PCS stuff so ya know, awhile ago ). so even if I canceled I wouldn't be saving any money on them. i'm just hoping work picks up or I win the lotto before he sells out
Old 06-19-2014, 11:40 AM   #130
Sledge Hammer!
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Gaming Heads just announced on Facebook that they've received approval for their next statue in the Mass Effect line. They didn't mention what it is, so let the speculation begin!

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Tali, since they already mentioned her and she'd be a great companion piece for Garrus.
Nothing to do with Mass Effect, unfortunately. It's another Kratos statue that is being revealed.
Sledge Hammer! is offline   Reply With Quote