Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-06-2020, 09:10 AM   #1391
SONICobra
Batman

everyone dogs on croc because hes "small" but standing up he would be as tall as bane. height differences are a good thing, displays are boring when everythings 22-25" tall imo
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:36 AM   #1392
djmogo89
Justice League

Yeah, I know you can’t compare Bane with Killer Croc when it comes to popularity but sideshow have been doing newer versions of all their Batman mixed media/original pieces, so who knows.

The possibility might be really slim, but I would love to see a huge Croc too.
djmogo89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:46 AM   #1393
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
everyone dogs on croc because hes "small" but standing up he would be as tall as bane. height differences are a good thing, displays are boring when everythings 22-25" tall imo
Agree. He is a good size for original/BTAS Croc!

Here is an old photo I took comparing their head sizes (and the first Batman PF is oversized). It's the pose that makes him look smaller than he really is.

Still would like a Jim Lee/Arkham Asylum monstrous Croc though but not before Manbat and Clayface. There are a lot of monsters to be made!
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:19 AM   #1394
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenoToys View Post
Yes!! Looks so sweet! !!!!!

..and the Croc looks great also!
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #1395
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I want to say very very low since Killer Croc took forever to sell out even heavily marked down. He has been a C list Batman villain until the Arkham games made him more popular.

But then they made another Bane even though he sold very slowly (the EX sold out relatively quickly I guess).

You never know with Sideshow I guess but I still say chances are low. If they do another one I want a monster croc!
Exactly he's a C list bat rogue, to me he's not a must have. The only story of his i really liked was the circus one from the animated series.

His statue took forever to sell out, not even an issue getting him at below retail from the EX on ebay now. I rather get several other Tier 1 rogues before another croc.

I even had a chance to buy this killer croc custom, super cool, 1/4th but they said it was 30 inches, and expensive, easy pass, way to huge and not even my fav bat rogue to make it worth it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Croc1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	598.2 KB
ID:	132355   Click image for larger version

Name:	Croc2.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	344.2 KB
ID:	132356  
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #1396
Halcyon
Loki

Thumbs up

Quote:
No. The skin under his pants are not fully sculpted. The pants aren’t that lose and they hide the flat sculpt underneath well. You won’t see the unsculpted legs unless you purposefully lift up the pants...which won’t go up that much as it’s a tight fit and the material isn't stretchy.
Ok thanks for info Darren.
Could be he was, bcs I have the MolaRam PF which has large robes and even underpants, but he is fully sculpted. Even has a fully sculpted loincloth and chest hair which nobody will ever see, unless you break his legs and customize him into a semi naked Fakir ;-)

Quote:
Agree. He is a good size for original/BTAS Croc!
Here is an old photo I took comparing their head sizes (and the first Batman PF is oversized).

Still would like a Jim Lee/Arkham Asylum monstrous Croc though but not before Manbat and Clayface. There are a lot of monsters to be made!
Nice pictures. Good size for a monster.
The face of this croc really has an evil vibe.

I like the whole design tbh, only the pants is a bit big. Always preferred fully sculpted.
Found local shop who still has the reg below retail. Liked this one from the release date, now I think base and monster will fit in with the spidey-villains (like the lizard hiding in sewer).
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:22 PM   #1397
darren1228
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Ok thanks for info Darren.
Could be he was, bcs I have the MolaRam PF which has large robes and even underpants, but he is fully sculpted. Even has a fully sculpted loincloth and chest hair which nobody will ever see, unless you break his legs and customize him into a semi naked Fakir ;-)

Nice pictures. Good size for a monster.
The face of this croc really has an evil vibe.

I like the whole design tbh, only the pants is a bit big. Always preferred fully sculpted.
Found local shop who still has the reg below retail. Liked this one from the release date, now I think base and monster will fit in with the spidey-villains (like the lizard hiding in sewer).
Hey no problem. Happy to help. I found some old pics that I sent to Sideshow because my piece came damaged. Here you can see the skin underneath the pants are quite smooth. They are painted but don't have the scale detail of his exposed skin.

darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:55 PM   #1398
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I always thought he was a good size, the problem was always imo how JACKED the first Batman PF is.

Also there's also those idiots who immediately decide that height equates mass and scale.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:02 PM   #1399
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Hey no problem. Happy to help. I found some old pics that I sent to Sideshow because my piece came damaged. Here you can see the skin underneath the pants are quite smooth. They are painted but don't have the scale detail of his exposed skin.
Strange they pegged the foot separately, mostly they peg at waisthight etc.

Did you have to detroy it or send it back so they could repair?
Old 08-06-2020, 04:14 PM   #1400
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
..there's also those idiots who immediately decide that height equates mass and scale.
That's why a lot of companies started to jackup height with stretched out arms/weapons/staffs to reach the 24"mark.

I shake my head when ppl automatically assume its a big statue and worth its money. Can't see or don't understand diff between actual scales.