Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 PM   #51
cyrax83
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Sylvanas has been released

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/wow-syl...ue-collectible
cyrax83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #52
akitadad

Just got a good look at Sylvanas , fairly disappointing. The head sculpt is very unflattering, and all-in- all ,not a very good pose. Its a shame, I was really looking forward to this one
akitadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:48 PM   #53
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'm really wanting statues of both Anduin and Saurfang now after seeing their new, updated armor:

Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 10:56 AM   #54
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I need a Greymane statue.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:24 AM   #55
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm really happy Blizzard is making statues. I'm a lifelong Warcraft fan and super excited. I'm just curious, is one statue a year a good rate? That seems to be what Blizz is doing for Warcraft, how does this compare to other companies? Do they release statues for franchises faster?

I wish I could see more statues, faster, but don't want to lose the quality that Blizz has with these statues. I'm kinda jealous of Overwatch and how they are pumping them out fast. I know the detail is not as much as Warcraft statues and they're not as big, so I'm still happy waiting a year.
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 AM   #56
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Well in Blizzard's case...compared to other statue companies...remember Blizzard is not a statue company, so their main revenue comes from other places.

Like their gaming section that can rake in billions a year.

So while "statue companies" need to release more to stay afloat, blizz does not. Also take into account, blizz does not make you preorder and wait months - years for the product. They pretty much put it up for order and it gets shipped.

I would also like to think that they are still "new" to the statue/collectibles game. So over time, with more and more successful pieces released, I am sure they may start going faster.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:16 PM   #57
martineaumichae

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowToLitho101 View Post
I'm really happy Blizzard is making statues. I'm a lifelong Warcraft fan and super excited. I'm just curious, is one statue a year a good rate? That seems to be what Blizz is doing for Warcraft, how does this compare to other companies? Do they release statues for franchises faster?

I wish I could see more statues, faster, but don't want to lose the quality that Blizz has with these statues. I'm kinda jealous of Overwatch and how they are pumping them out fast. I know the detail is not as much as Warcraft statues and they're not as big, so I'm still happy waiting a year.
In comparison for world of Warcraft line through Sideshow collectibles, they just made Blood elf Rogue Vs Drenei Paladin (2008) , Arthas(2013), and Deathwing (2016). Now granted in that time of 8 years they also made 2 premium format SC Figures, Barbarian and Female Diablo, as well as Polystone Kerrigan Queen of blades.

If your looking just for wow, one a year for Blizzard WOW is pretty good for a collector.
martineaumichae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:59 PM   #58
HowToLitho101
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by martineaumichae View Post
In comparison for world of Warcraft line through Sideshow collectibles, they just made Blood elf Rogue Vs Drenei Paladin (2008) , Arthas(2013), and Deathwing (2016). Now granted in that time of 8 years they also made 2 premium format SC Figures, Barbarian and Female Diablo, as well as Polystone Kerrigan Queen of blades.

If your looking just for wow, one a year for Blizzard WOW is pretty good for a collector.

Ya, I am looking for just Warcraft pretty much. I am collecting the overwatch ones also because they are cheap and a whole collection would be bad ass in my opinion (made my brother buy the dva haha). I got the deathwing from Sideshow which I love also. Wish I knew about statues when those others came out through sideshow. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford after market price on ebay. But thanks, can't wait for next year!
HowToLitho101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #59
testsubject25
Birds of Prey

I'm still amazed they managed to make Anduin look like a bad ass.
testsubject25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 11:51 AM   #60
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I've actually liked Anduin since MoP :P

But my 'concern' is that they just seem to release the statue of the character that's themed with the expansion so we seem unlikely to get a War3 Medivh or Thrall (if they release a Thrall shaman I'll riot!)

Also if it's just 1 per expac, and we don't get Greymane now... then when?
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote