Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-03-2020, 05:57 PM   #11
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Hahaha!!
Yes, I have been paying attention to those threads and wanted to make sure there was no confusion.
The pitchforks have been laid down...for now
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:14 PM   #12
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101son View Post
if that were the case they'd never make another Wolverine/logan statue ever again because there's hundreds of other options out there.
Makes zero sense.
Wolverine sells & anything wolverine sells for that matter. Make it happen SS
down for the snow base tho, seems like a must for this piece
That’s a good point. I know there’s the recent Bel piece but aside from that have SS gone with a design outside of the typical yellow or brown outfit? The customs I’ve seen lately have been pretty nice and different. I recall seeing a samurai and army version.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #13
BurningRage
Inhumans

Same can be said for DKR Batman.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 01:37 AM   #14
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
How is it Sideshow hasn't made this version of Logan? It's one of his most popular incarnations and yet somehow has been overlooked by the biggest statue company out there. Bowen's done it. XM has done it. Kotobukiya's done it. I think Diamond Select is even making their second version, and Sideshow doesn't have one?! Let's go!
Not surprising for SS though. They play the long game...extremely long game...The same way they haven’t made (at least comic versions in 1/4) Marvel mainstays such as Ant-Man, Archangel/Angel, Beast, Bishop, Black Bolt, Blade, Bullseye, Doctor Octopus, Drax, Electro, Falcon, Ghost Rider, Hercules, Hobgoblin, Human Torch, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Man in modern armor, Iron Fist, Jubilee, Kingpin, Kraven, Lizard, Loki, Luke Cage, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor in a modern costume, Nightcrawler, Omega Red, Professor X, Quicksilver, Sandman, Scorpion, Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider, Star-Lord, Vulture, War Machine, Wasp and Winter Soldier at all.

Even Squirrel Girl is fairly popular. But seeing as how ss’s been doing this for over 10 years and the past few years have just brought us Magneto, Cable, Juggernaut and Doctor Strange for the first time and much needed redos for characters not seen in years like Silver Surfer, Elektra, etc, popularity isn’t the major deciding factor.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:45 AM   #15
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Not surprising for SS though. They play the long game...extremely long game...The same way they haven’t made (at least comic versions in 1/4) Marvel mainstays such as Ant-Man, Archangel/Angel, Beast, Bishop, Black Bolt, Blade, Bullseye, Doctor Octopus, Drax, Electro, Falcon, Ghost Rider, Hercules, Hobgoblin, Human Torch, Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Man in modern armor, Iron Fist, Jubilee, Kingpin, Kraven, Lizard, Loki, Luke Cage, Mr. Fantastic, Mr. Sinister, Namor in a modern costume, Nightcrawler, Omega Red, Professor X, Quicksilver, Sandman, Scorpion, Spider-Gwen/Ghost-Spider, Star-Lord, Vulture, War Machine, Wasp and Winter Soldier at all.

Even Squirrel Girl is fairly popular. But seeing as how ss’s been doing this for over 10 years and the past few years have just brought us Magneto, Cable, Juggernaut and Doctor Strange for the first time and much needed redos for characters not seen in years like Silver Surfer, Elektra, etc, popularity isn’t the major deciding factor.
That's why smart companies like XM go right after the characters sideshow refuses to make. Magneto, Thanos, Doctor Strange, Doc Ock, Omega Red, Winter Soldier, Scorpion, Sandman, Star-Lord, Vulture, Professor X, Ghost Rider and many more of your list above were all characters XM made 1st in 1/4 scale. Between ridiculous costume designs (like Deathstroker), rehashes, and lack of character choices....sideshow has always been their own worst enemy. No matter how much money sideshow has made, they are leaving money on the table when they ignore popular characters and other companies don't.

Hell, XM beat sideshow to the punch and delivered a Weapon X before sideshow did. They even had Bel sculpt it before he signed on with sideshow. If XM was just smart enough to keep Bel and actually utilize the K Bros on more of their sculpts, I believe that XM would've given Canale, Harbottle, and Sideshow a real run for their money.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:04 PM   #16
built2shred
Phoenix

I believe most of XM's sculpting is done in house by the two brothers. I noticed most outside sculptors don't hang around XM long after they do a job, I have a feeling they bump heads a lot with XM's in house sculptors over creativity... I think Sosa only stayed with them for a few months...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:06 PM   #17
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
That's why smart companies like XM go right after the characters sideshow refuses to make. Magneto, Thanos, Doctor Strange, Doc Ock, Omega Red, Winter Soldier, Scorpion, Sandman, Star-Lord, Vulture, Professor X, Ghost Rider and many more of your list above were all characters XM made 1st in 1/4 scale. Between ridiculous costume designs (like Deathstroker), rehashes, and lack of character choices....sideshow has always been their own worst enemy. No matter how much money sideshow has made, they are leaving money on the table when they ignore popular characters and other companies don't.

Hell, XM beat sideshow to the punch and delivered a Weapon X before sideshow did. They even had Bel sculpt it before he signed on with sideshow. If XM was just smart enough to keep Bel and actually utilize the K Bros on more of their sculpts, I believe that XM would've given Canale, Harbottle, and Sideshow a real run for their money.
I can pick XM apart for all the 1/4 scale characters they could've done too.
Luke Cage
Shang Chi
Falcon
War Machine
Hobgoblin
Silver Sable
Prowler
Hydro Man
Nick Fury(any version)
Mockingbird
Wonder Man
Dazzler
Hercules
Odin
Loki
Hela
Mephisto
Nova
Abomination
The Leader
Absorbing Man
…and the list goes on

XM deserves credit for what they've done but the whole narrative about them doing the characters other companies won't do is really outdated. They've already done multiple Spider-Man, Wolverine, Hulk, Phoenix, Iron Man and Magneto statues and they haven't even been around all that long.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:24 PM   #18
SONICobra
Batman

its absolutely bizarre there hasnt been a licensed 1/4 scale comic loki
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:33 PM   #19
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yea I'm not sure why ppl jump on XM's you know what. They do good statues yes, and they do characters SS has not yet done, but they also charge you $300 + more for there statues.

And since we are derailing this thread and going off topic it seems lol, I would like to add that I would like any cosmic characters. A Modern Nova for sure, Gladiator, Silver Surfer, etc. Maybe Galactus & His Heralds.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:15 PM   #20
BigWhammo
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its absolutely bizarre there hasnt been a licensed 1/4 scale comic loki
This.
BigWhammo is offline   Reply With Quote