Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #331
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
As I’ve said before, at this price point for a 1/4 scale piece, 90% to proto won’t be acceptable. It’s gotta be 100%.
Come on dude, you know those Chinese paint apps just like the rest of us

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuera-de-lugae (3).jpg
Views:	72
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	138717
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:29 PM   #332
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Come on dude, you know those Chinese paint apps just like the rest of us

Attachment 138717

Can a mod please delete this post. The racist overtones of this statement is highly offensive.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:40 PM   #333
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Can a mod please delete this post. The racist overtones of this statement is highly offensive.
Can a mod please delete this post? The hypersensitivity of this statement is highly tiresome.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:37 PM   #334
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I’m of Chinese decent and I couldn’t care less really. As we all know what he’s referring to in this case.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #335
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Please educate me. What aspect of my post did feel was racist? The suggestion that statues are painted in China, or the reference to historically poor workmanship originating from said Chinese manufacturing operations?

Was it the fact that I took a comical picture of Asian people using another Asian person as a paint brush? Which, considering it's a photo, actually happened.....

Would it be "non racist" if I said all statues painted in China come out as masterpieces, never a problem, nothing to worry about.....would that be better for you?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:17 PM   #336
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Please educate me. What aspect of my post did feel was racist? The suggestion that statues are painted in China, or the reference to historically poor workmanship originating from said Chinese manufacturing operations?

Was it the fact that I took a comical picture of Asian people using another Asian person as a paint brush? Which, considering it's a photo, actually happened.....

Would it be "non racist" if I said all statues painted in China come out as masterpieces, never a problem, nothing to worry about.....would that be better for you?
From certain western media, it would seem anything and everything is considered racist nowadays. But in this case I find it somewhat ironic given how Chinese media portrays other countries.

But with regards to workmanship, factories will always be as good as they’re being paid to be, which is why some factories have historically done better than others. I can just imagine how bad the paint jobs would be if they were done in a US factory if they were being paid the same wage. But then again with rising wages in China that may change.
Old 04-22-2021, 05:54 PM   #337
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
As I’ve said before, at this price point for a 1/4 scale piece, 90% to proto won’t be acceptable. It’s gotta be 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
They're making thousands of these in some factory or another. There's no way the paint apps are going to be on par with their master hand-painted prototype. Has a mass produced statue in this hobby ever met the quality of the prototype?
My point is that 90% isn’t good enough for me to keep it. If they’re going to charge an outlandish price, then they should accept outlandish expectations from customers. If it doesn’t match the proto, it’s going back.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 06:07 PM   #338
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
My point is that 90% isn’t good enough for me to keep it. If they’re going to charge an outlandish price, then they should accept outlandish expectations from customers. If it doesn’t match the proto, it’s going back.
Chances are then it’s going back.

If I had ordered this I’m not sure I’ll be able even able to return it to my local seller if it didn’t match the proto.

Heck I’m sure it’s in their terms and conditions on ordering pieces, which allow some paint discrepancies.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:20 PM   #339
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Is Queen known for not hitting above 90% to proto?
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 10:30 PM   #340
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Is Queen known for not hitting above 90% to proto?
I think it’s too early to say. Have they shipped a fully polystone piece yet?
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote