Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #1
remake
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Question about setting up a collection room

Hi long time lurker,
My question is how do you guys go about displaying your collectibles. Do you keep PF with PF, Busts with busts or do you mix everything together based on the theme( IE Hellboy, Terminator) Thanks for the time and opinions
remake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
IronLungs31

I would have to say that, I'd go with the mixed up theme look. I'm not a big peron on keeping PF's w/ PF's or visa versa. I think that it adds a little more flare to a collection room when you do it this way.

Something a little like this...

Old 06-08-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
dr_teng

There's been a variety of threads that showed people's collections, I'd suggest checking them out. Some people have really nice displays that stick to a specific line, some people have nice ones that mix and match.

It depends on your layout, and what kind of look you're going for!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I have detolfs and similar display cases, and glass cubes, with nothing in any serious particular organization.
I just put stuff where it can fit, Marvel shares display room with DC, I have few busts so not much concern for those, I even display with statues.... gasp... action figures!

It's crowded because of the growing number, but I try to get a balanced look over keeping subject matter together.

And of course physical safety, big heavy items must go on top of the detolfs for instance.

Whatever works for you.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
Johnneeukca
New Republic

I try to keep a balanced look with scale, but other than that ...
Johnneeukca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #6
vernumortho
Kindly Asked To Leave

try doing a theme
vernumortho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #7
TrueFaith
Kindly Asked To Leave

That's really a question you'll have to answer yourself, based on what you collect. This site is great for envisioning what you'll need to display your items. Check out the pictures of other member's collections and what they use and you'll determine what's best for you. Full-size statues are pretty much displayed in Ikea detolfs or curio cabinets, mini-busts can use Ikea Bertbys or any other media cabinets that are designed for DVDs and CDs. Even though MBs take less room, if you have a lot of them you really have to make a plan to display what you have while trying to leave room for future releases. I know from experience that planning your display based on what you have now, with no consideration for future purchases, will leave you scrambling for more display space in no time at all.
Even though I only collect MBs, I have my own little "team" set-ups, like the Inhumans and Alpha Flight, to say nothing of all the X-Men and hangers-on. Once you decide the space you'll have available and what display cabinets fit in your space, you have all the fun of trying to fit them all together in a way that YOU like. Don't worry about how other collectors set their collections up. Your collection is unique and you paid good money to set it up any way you feel like. Don't worry, whatever way you decide to display your figures, it's not permanent. That next sculpt that you're not even aware of yet will have you changing everything to fit it in just the "right spot".
TrueFaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
F0RSAK3N
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Something a little like this...

Very nice setup G! I will be going for something a little different but I really like what you've got on that wall.
F0RSAK3N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #9
nemesisenforcer
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The fun part about being a collector is when you are about to display them. See which statue looks good with what. Looking at it at different angles to see which are the money shots. Some collectors go for theme dispaly and some go for single character display. I prefer single character cause IMO it looks better like that. This will depend on you. Once you have decided, post pics of your collection. BTW welcome to the forum.
nemesisenforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:26 AM   #10
theargo
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisenforcer View Post
The fun part about being a collector is when you are about to display them. See which statue looks good with what. Looking at it at different angles to see which are the money shots. Some collectors go for theme dispaly and some go for single character display. I prefer single character cause IMO it looks better like that. This will depend on you. Once you have decided, post pics of your collection. BTW welcome to the forum.
Very true. Even I still change my collections around. Just to see a different perspective and have fun with 'em. Here's a link to my display at the beginning of the year. Hope it'll help. And yeah, Welcome remake.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...t=75537&page=6
theargo is offline   Reply With Quote