Kindly Asked To Leave

Why the Bat's base is purple ?
Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 PM   #12
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Sleeper of the Year

Sideshow Red Skull Allied Charge on Hydra PF EX

This piece is in consideration for Statue of the Year as there are essentially no flaws to speak of. It has two portraits that score as high as any others and the cut and sew department hit a home run on this one. Perhaps the release of Cap overshadowed Red Skull, but I have a feeling many will regret passing on this at it's release....especially given the low edition size of the EX at 500. Get him while you can or pay for it down the road. He's a regret-free purchase right now. Apocalypse is a runner-up and could be the most desired of the two down the road as the namesake of the next X-Men cinematic installation, but the aforementioned QC issues/corrections have given him somewhat of an "Incomplete" grade. At any rate, "Hail Hydra!"
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:52 PM   #13
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Statue of the Year:

Sideshow Superman (Comic) PF EX

Superman tops Captain America and Red Skull for Statue of the Year. Simply put, it's flawless and iconic. When coupled, that pairing is hard to topple.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:08 PM   #14
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Awesome shots and ideas. Lots of interesting categories too.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy!
Old 12-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #15
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Why the Bat's base is purple ?
I've installed some LED tape lights and it seems they give off a purple hue in some pictures. I've replaced the Batman base pics for you with the LED lights off.
Old 12-19-2014, 11:15 PM   #16
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I would put Gladiator Hulk's sculpt over Apocalypse as overall sculpt statue of the year.
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 11:31 PM   #17
DasFoster
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
I would put Gladiator Hulk's sculpt over Apocalypse as overall sculpt statue of the year.
10000% agreed!

I've got both, and Gladiator Hulk overshadows Apocalypse in every way. That's just my personal opinion, of course.
DasFoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:29 AM   #18
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasFoster View Post
10000% agreed!

I've got both, and Gladiator Hulk overshadows Apocalypse in every way. That's just my personal opinion, of course.
I probably would too, fellas. However, as explained in the first post, I don't own him, so he wasn't on my list. I've resisted Gladiator because I really only want one representation per character in my collection. As whoop ass as he appears to me, I'm waiting for the upcoming Hulk PF. GH face sculpt is spot on and I hope the upcoming Hulk comes close to it.
Old 12-20-2014, 03:34 AM   #19
Thor57
Teen Titans

I feel you on the one piece per character, but I'm seriously considering breaking it. I love my Gladiator Hulk, and I will not get rid of him. However, I need a Hulk that will fit into my Avengers lineup once they start flowing in. I could but Glad in there and have my own little "Elseworlds" Avengers line up in my own made up Universe in my head lol.

But I dont think it'd look as good as it should.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #20
Dark Logic
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I feel you on the one piece per character, but I'm seriously considering breaking it. I love my Gladiator Hulk, and I will not get rid of him. However, I need a Hulk that will fit into my Avengers lineup once they start flowing in. I could but Glad in there and have my own little "Elseworlds" Avengers line up in my own made up Universe in my head lol.

But I dont think it'd look as good as it should.
My son and I have agreed, one piece per character and only 1/4 scale. We just didn't want to be one of those guys with 5 to 10 of each character with pieces just sitting around over crowding the space like a hoarder. I look at some collections and because there's so much crowding, you can't enjoy anything (my opinion). Anyway, we've agreed that if we find a better piece, sell the old one. We own Apoc and Gladiator Hulk..Must say both are stunning. I cant compare them because they are so different to me...Gladiator Hulk has more detail Id say.
Dark Logic is offline   Reply With Quote