Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM   #791
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Yep I should be receiving Eileen within a week's time. I am very excited for her.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:54 PM   #792
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I'm always a big fan of Prime 1 Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.
But, I only knew her from the photos.

A few weeks ago I bought a broken Lady Maria for 130 euros (~ 154 $). I was so happy to finally own this statue. Ok, I have to work on it a little bit, but it doesn't matter

But honestly, I'm glad I never buy the statue for the price Prime 1 asked for. Because the face is not visible, the figure simply has no presence. I find Lady Maria very boring.
Please note, Is just my opinon
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 07:02 PM   #793
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
I'm always a big fan of Prime 1 Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.
But, I only knew her from the photos.

A few weeks ago I bought a broken Lady Maria for 130 euros (~ 154 $). I was so happy to finally own this statue. Ok, I have to work on it a little bit, but it doesn't matter

But honestly, I'm glad I never buy the statue for the price Prime 1 asked for. Because the face is not visible, the figure simply has no presence. I find Lady Maria very boring.
Please note, Is just my opinon
I absolutely love the character and her lore in the game and would've paid what Prime 1 was asking, but was too late. I can't justify the $1000+ postings that're on eBay though. I have both The Hunter and Eileen on order, hoping one day I can find a Maria at a good price to complete the set.
NotGwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:50 AM   #794
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

There exists is a cheaper variant from Lady Maria.
Only base and Maria.

https://www.prime1studio.com//bb-lad...pmbb-01lm.html
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #795
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I received Eileen and finally finished setting her up. Very very impressive piece. A surprising amount of colors and details especially on her outfit. You might not think this just seeing images online, but the engineering behind this statue was a little mind blowing. Her feather cloak mantle is split up into a bunch of giant hefty pieces that fit into her outfit and sit on her body in a very specific manner. The whole thing has a lot of presence on display and I love how beautiful and also intimidating they manage to make her.

The base is one of the heaviest I've seen so far and it comes with a bunch of things of fake grass to slide into spots on the base. The tombstones look good and all in all it is just a really powerful entry in an already high quality line of statues. I love how out spread out her clothes are. You get a good sense of wind just from seeing her and her cloak spreads out like wings. They were able to capture the gracefulness, but also brutalness of the character quite well.

The EX unfortunately is quite important and it is a little tacky that they even made it an EX. You either have her head looking down, or the EX which is her head looking forward. Unless you have her displayed really high up, you need that EX head if you want to appreciate her plague doctor mask at all. Otherwise you just see the beak of the mask, which I suppose works well for the bird imagery the character has. The swap out weapons are not as important. To me the Blades of Mercy are more iconic as dual blades rather than the combined form.

Did they ever confirm the next character or if they even intend to do more? I hope the line doesn't end it has so far been a huge hit with me at least. I would hope that if no one else, they do The Doll. Alfred with a swap out executioner head would be awesome. The wheel weapon would be so cool to see in 1/4th scale. There are other characters and enemies that would be cool to see, but I feel Doll and Alfred are musts.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:11 PM   #796
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I received Eileen and finally finished setting her up. Very very impressive piece. A surprising amount of colors and details especially on her outfit. You might not think this just seeing images online, but the engineering behind this statue was a little mind blowing. Her feather cloak mantle is split up into a bunch of giant hefty pieces that fit into her outfit and sit on her body in a very specific manner. The whole thing has a lot of presence on display and I love how beautiful and also intimidating they manage to make her.

The base is one of the heaviest I've seen so far and it comes with a bunch of things of fake grass to slide into spots on the base. The tombstones look good and all in all it is just a really powerful entry in an already high quality line of statues. I love how out spread out her clothes are. You get a good sense of wind just from seeing her and her cloak spreads out like wings. They were able to capture the gracefulness, but also brutalness of the character quite well.

The EX unfortunately is quite important and it is a little tacky that they even made it an EX. You either have her head looking down, or the EX which is her head looking forward. Unless you have her displayed really high up, you need that EX head if you want to appreciate her plague doctor mask at all. Otherwise you just see the beak of the mask, which I suppose works well for the bird imagery the character has. The swap out weapons are not as important. To me the Blades of Mercy are more iconic as dual blades rather than the combined form.

Did they ever confirm the next character or if they even intend to do more? I hope the line doesn't end it has so far been a huge hit with me at least. I would hope that if no one else, they do The Doll. Alfred with a swap out executioner head would be awesome. The wheel weapon would be so cool to see in 1/4th scale. There are other characters and enemies that would be cool to see, but I feel Doll and Alfred are musts.
The EX head is the reason why I had to get that version. Her looking down was a weird choice. But I look forward to getting her.

By the way did anybody get a lower quote on economy shipping yet? I would pay her off if they lowered it down some.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:26 PM   #797
HiTMAN
The Herculoids

Congrats!

Mine shipped out on Wed but I only received Box A thanks to DHL. Heavy base for sure but not Gurren Lagann heavy haha. I don't mind the weight to be honest, to me it feels like you get your money's worth with P1.

I saw the P1 unboxing, it's pretty neat how they designed the cloak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVbZ83diZRY
HiTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:40 PM   #798
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I keep coming back to this statue. She just looks so incredible. Definitely one of the highlights of my collection now.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:03 PM   #799
NotGwen
Justice League

My Hunter will be shipping soon, can't wait to receive it!
Old 08-05-2020, 06:04 PM   #800
NotGwen
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I keep coming back to this statue. She just looks so incredible. Definitely one of the highlights of my collection now.
Glad to hear that Eileen came out great! When you get the chance, can you share some pics of her in your collection?