Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 04-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #41
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Yeah, Calgary generally gets better media guests than C2E2, but C2E2's comic artist list blows Calgary's out of the water....Really hope they are on different weekends next year, as I think C2E2 really impacts the comic side of Calgary.
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #42
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

i'd prefer if calgary had better comic guests then entertainment guests, thats moreso what I care about, oh well hopefully its better next year. There are about 7 artists that I want to get to sign some books, usually its like 15 haha
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:09 AM   #43
Scion009
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Well, looks like Calgary Expo is moving up 1 week next year and C2E2 is staying on the same weekend, so hopefully that will help with the comic side of things!
Scion009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #44
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Flash Gordon / Sam Jones

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Quarthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:25 AM   #45
Quarthon
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Mondo: Aliens Signing

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-28-2014, 01:28 AM   #46
Quarthon

Highlander - Adrian Paul

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 04-28-2014, 01:35 PM   #47
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Nice Quarthon!!! looks like you got a bunch of really nice stuff signed!!

I had a blast at the expo this year, being there I wasnt dissapointed with the lineup at all, I managed to get a commission from Joe Ng and a bunch of stuff signed, ill try and post some pics here today
Old 04-28-2014, 02:25 PM   #48
Quarthon

Thanks Quicksilver! I'm still exhausted from the Saturday and Sunday. I met everyone I wanted to meet, including David Finch and J Scott Campbell. The only thing I couldn't get was Bruce Campbell's authograph. The limited tickets were sold out on Saturday when I got in. I tried to get them on Sunday by waking up 6am and get in line at the Grand Stadium. Course when the volunteer told us they were no longer being sold at the Grand Stadium, I phone my buddy, who is the health and safety manager for the Calgary Stampede to find out where we needed to go. He told me the tickets were no longer being sold at the Grand Stadium and got moved to the Big Four. Course a bunch of us went to the Big 4 and started a line, but only to find out that the VIP got in first and took them all before 10 am.

Needless to say I was worried I would not get Sigourney Weaver on the Mondo print, especially since she had only 1 hour signing to do at the 10am slot before going to her photo op. Within the 1 hour only the VIP and maybe 5 regulars got in to see her.

By 2 pm, the people who were waiting at 10 am were giving priority for the next signing, which would last till 5pm. I got it done, but I heard that some of the people who bought signing for a 2pm slot were not happy when Sigourney Weaver left at 4:15 pm instead of 5:00 for her panel.

I'll upload the pics later. Oh. The Sigourney Weaver authograph was $150. I bought two. The second authograph is on the Sideshow Alien Queen Diorama.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:31 PM   #49
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

nice Quarthon! cant wait to see your pics, you usually have a ton of pics so im excited to see them.

I'll post some pics now, to start, this is my Joe Ng commission from Saturday (street fighter - Evil Ryu & Violent Ken)

Old 04-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #50
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Got some goosebumps cards signed by R.L.Stine and Tim Jacobus (Tim is the cover artist for Goosebumps books)