Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
Jesse321
Galactus

Garage Kits.US Paintfest at Wonderfest 2013

Garage Kits.US and Wonderfest USA are proud to announce the first annual new class being offered at Wonderfest in 2013,

Garage Kits.US Paintfest!

Each year, our class will focus on different techniques that will expand the arsenals of both beginner and advanced painters alike. Our first class will be taught by none other than “painter extraordinaire” Rick Cantu, and will feature the first in a series of 1/3rd-scale sculpts entitled “Tempting Evil” currently being sculpted by the incredible Roberto Von Behr.

Rick will be teaching horror painting techniques including mottling, shading, washes, dry brushing, faux wood grain, as well as several others that will replicate the original painting this piece is based on.

As an added treat, a special tutorial instruction booklet, written by Jim Capone, will be given to all the students in the class that features instructions and techniques on doing a “beauty” paint up of the same sculpt.

While our ultimate goal is to complete the busts from start to finish in the allotted 8-hour timespan, we believe it is more important to impart the various techniques focused on of each class so that the students feel comfortable in finishing or “tweaking” the pieces later if so desired. We have found that even though everyone takes the same class with the same instructions, people are always amazed at the variations from one finished piece to another when all is said and done.

Now comes (as my Mom used to call it) “de nitty and de gritty” … what do I get, and how much will all this set me back? Well, Garage Kits.US is going to make it easy by offering two “packages” to choose from.

So, let's start of with what you get:

Regardless of the package you choose, you will get 8 hours of in-person instruction from one of the most talented painters in the business, Rick Cantu, as well as assistance from various helpers.

The “Complete Package” includes:

· A fully prepared and primed “Victoria” 1/3rd scale model kit (pictured above) ready to paint. (Price TBD)

· Your choice of either

A BRAND NEW H&S Infinity 2 in 1, (MSRP 305.10)
Which includes:
• nozzle 0.15 mm integrated
• nozzle 0.4 mm included
• paint cup 2 ml integrated
• paint cup 5 ml included
• Quick Fix end piece with dial
• distance cap

·or a BRAND NEW Iwata HP-B Plus airbrush. (MSRP 240.95)

· A Silent-Air Scorpion 1 Air Compressor. (MSRP 229.00)

· An Iwata Deluxe Cleaning Station. (MSRP 33.25)

· All the Garage Kits.US Colors and sealers needed to complete your kit. (MSRP TBD)

(Other colors will be available for purchase in the class and at the show)

· A set of H&S 888 Professional Detail Paint Brushes (MSRP 25.00)

· And a # 2 Filbert Brush, as well as all the other miscellaneous items like Silly Putty, mixing trays, rubber gloves and painters masks for those that would like to use them.

(AND we’ll even be provide lunch)

Now for the million dollar question ... "How much is this going to cost?" Well, if you total everything that you're getting in the "Complete Package", you're pretty close to (if not over) $1,000.00 retail, but we're offering the "Complete Package" to our students for $450.00, which is less than 1/2 the retail price. And remember, EVERYTHING you use in the class (except for the furniture) is yours to keep! While we’re aware that $450.00 (especially in this economy) is a pretty substantial amount for just about anyone, keep in mind that the retail resale value of either airbrush and compressor alone cover the entire cost of the class. No matter how you look at it, this is one heck of a deal.

The “Class Package”:

Already have an airbrush you’re comfortable with? Well bring it and your hose along; we’ll be providing large-scale compressors with connections for advance students who already have their own equipment. You’ll still get EVERYTHING else in the “Complete Package” except for the airbrush and compressor for only $275.00! And again, everything you use (except for the furniture—and, in this case, the large-scale compressor) is yours to keep.

Please Note: Depending on the room we are assigned, we may have to cap the class at 30 to 35 participants. Registration is on a first paid first reserved basis.

Not enough to entice you yet ? Okay ...

As an added incentive, all the students will receive 2 (two) coupons for 15% off 1 (one) purchase of Garage Kits.US Colors, and 1 (one) purchase of any in-stock kits offered at the show. Just to clarify, by 1 (one) purchase, we mean anything purchased at 1 time. If you buy 50 bottles of paint, they’re all 15% off, if you buy 100 bottles of paint, they’re 15% off, if you buy 5 kits, they’re all 15% off, if you buy 10 kits, they’re all 15% off the entire purchase.

But (hey, there’s always gotta be a catch right?), make sure you take full advantage of the coupon the first time, because once you turn it in, that’s it … that’s the only time you’ll be able to use it during the span of the show, and it will only be good at the show! Also, make sure you get to the tables early, because our kits have been known to sell out pretty quick!

Please note, coupons will not be eligible for the purchase of airbrushes, equipment or paint sets, we’ll be running show specials on those separately.

Payments for the class can made by Check or Money Order made out and mailed to:

Garage Kits.US Colors Inc.
2484 NW 64 Avenue
Sunrise, FL 33313

By Paypal (payments must be made in a manner assuring the full amount is received) to Paypal address: Sales@GarageKitsUscolors.com

Or by Credit Card on our website:
http://www.garagekitsuscolors.com/ga...nderfest-2013/

If choosing the "Complete Package", please include the choice of airbrush you would like.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Jesse321
Galactus

As if all this isn’t enough:

Garage Kits.US Colors and Jim Capone will also be having a painting seminar during the Wonderfest weekend (day and time TBD), which is free to all attendees of the show that will exclusively feature Jim’s flesh-tone techniques. Anyone who’s seen Jim’s work knows that he is the master of flesh-tones, so here’s your chance to see his techniques in action AND to ask all the questions you like. This will be the seminar not to be missed!
Old 01-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Jesse321
Galactus

Just got these pics from Roberto of the piece we're using for the paint class.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #4
Jesse321
Galactus

She's finished!

Old 03-20-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Woo hoo! Just signed up and I'm REALLY excited!

That's a really nice looking bust, by the way. This is a HUGE deal as far as what we get for our money. Especially for me since I'm a newborn in the painting hobby and am starting from scratch.

Who else is going?
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Roommate needed Wonderfest 2013!

I'm going to Wonderfest and taking Jesse's paint class on that Friday. I just booked a room at the Crown Plaza Hotel. Check in is Thursday and check out is Sunday. I currently don't have anyone to split the room with and would like to cut costs if possible.

The room has two queen beds, so 1 or even 2 more people would be great to divide the cost up. If I can get two more people, for a total of three, I'd be willing to sleep on the floor with a cot and sleeping bag. (Seriously)

If anyone is interested, let me know! Also, if anyone else needs a second or third person for their room I'm game to fill a slot too. These rooms can be canceled as long as there's 48 hour notice.
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote